SOLD 1997 Lexus LX450 - 129k Miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX450
Mileage
Color
Gray
$25,000 firm:

All,

I am selling my Champaign on Tan, 1997 Lexus LX450, I have other vehicles that I am turning my attention to and my 15 year old son doesn't want it for his first car. It has 129k miles. Starts, runs, drives, stops perfectly, no issues to note. After my purchase in 2021, I did the following at the local Toyota dealer to ensure it was up to current maintenance standards:
  • 4 new 286/75/16 BFG tires
  • New rear brakes
  • Oil change, brake flush
  • Alignment
I myself, did the following in 2021:
  • New Sandstone Plush cut pile with mass black backing carpet, from StockInteriors
  • New Gamiviti seat gear kit for both front seats
  • Driver side mirror bracket kit (solved wobble)
  • Window trim replacement
  • Painted running boards black as factory running board paint was faded
  • Rear heater hard line replacement
  • Front door Pioneer speaker upgrade
I drove it for another year or so, then decided to send it to LCH in Maryland in 2022 to have more specific work done to ensure it was bullet-proof:
  • Front engine tune: Valve cover gasket, front main seal, oil pump, cap, wires, seals, gaskets, belts, PCV, etc.
  • Water pump, thermostat, PHH, radiator, coolant flush, hoses, clamps, etc.
  • Front and rear brake rotors, calipers, parking brakes, fluid flush
  • Gear oil service, repack knuckles, new gaskets, seals, grease, etc.
  • Fuel injector service, R&R, hot tank intake, replaced vacuum lines, etc.
  • Undercoating protection, steam wash undercarriage, wire wheel frame, metal blast coating, POR15 finish
  • Pioneer double din receiver with back-up camera
  • 5 refinished wheels (I received 5 Landcruiser refinished wheels, my LX450 wheels were core as LCH has refinished wheels in stock)
  • Fuel filler tube replaced due to fuel smell when topping off
  • Front row luxury leather seat covers/cushions with arm rests (left, right, center) and heated seats installed
I got the LX450 back in May 2023 and enjoyed it all summer. I have added 10,000 miles to the truck since my ownership, never missed a beat. I drive it regularly from NYC to Boston and to Annapolis, it is a very reliable truck and will continue to drive it until sold.

Has a CarFax incident in November of 1999, no real detail as to what happened. The truck has some scratches, bumps and bruises but nothing major and the patina is fitting for the age of the vehicle. Overall a very nice truck and mechanically sorted.

I have spent almost $20k on getting the truck to the condition it is in, no regrets, just time to pass it along to the next enthusiast.
IMG_8148.jpeg

IMG_8149.jpeg

IMG_8061.jpeg

IMG_8063.jpeg

IMG_8066.jpeg

Last edited:
Whats the rust situation this? Pictures would be great. Interior looks great!

Any bubbling around the windshield gasket or the tailgate glass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom