For Sale NC: 1997 Lexus LX450 TripleLocked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX450
Mileage
As much as it pains me to do so, my LC80 is now up for sale. 1997 LX450 | 258K Miles | Front/Rear/Center locked

PXL_20240215_183123781.jpg

Pics here:

Mods that I can recall:
37" 37x13.5x17 STT Pros Tires (just a hint of rub at full lock)
4.88 diff
5x Icon Rebound (grey)
3'' Lift:
Rear Springs: (brand new) Dobinsons Heavy Duty springs
Front Springs: don't recall- 3" dual rate
Ironman adjustable front panhard bar (new in '22)
Fox Shocks all around
All seats have been redone
4x4 Labs front bumper
Smittybuilt 12,000 remote winch
4x4 Labs rear dual swingout- with ladder, 5th tire holder and a 3 jerry can or cooler rack (currently not mounted)
4x4 Labs rear cargo area racks
4x4 Labs sliders (cat protection)
Prinsu full platform rack
Delta VS shovel/tool rack mount
Prinsu Maxtrax board pin mounts
40" Heretic Studio light bar
Baja Designs LP6 clear
Baja Designs LP4 amber
Onboard air- Dual ARB compressor and hose kit
Switchpros accessory management
Ultragauge OBD Monitoring
Silicone intake hose replaced a failed plastic OE intake
New Starter (AC Delco)- was supposed to be an upgrade with better cold crank
New Alternator
No rust (that I can tell)
Land Rover Discovery cup holders
Ram Ball mount dash accessory
New exterior window trim (front and rear)

The bad:
- stupid seat gear went out (no fwd/back movement)- havent bought the fix kit bc I never move my seat!
- crack in windshield: bought it this way a few years ago- does not impede vision and I've had many NC inspections pass with it there (wasn't a need to fix)
- paint is great for me but certainly not perfect- some striping due to off road branches
- dash pad has usual cracks
- Sunroof had a leak- so I sealed it with 3M Marine (I don't use sunroofs due to a leak possibility)
- A/C Condenser just went out on me last summer- never fixed (unsure if it's a clutch or whole unit)

The truck runs great and have traveled long distance with zero issues. I have had the head rebuilt about a year ago by a local performance shop after the gasket failed between cylinder 5/6- I bought a new head from Mr Toyota to accompany the work. Been to both beach and mountains with the rig and have never had any travel issues.

There are some quirks but very livable quirks:

- The ignition is an enigma to me, been chasing a sporadic no start (thunk): replaced starter twice, replaced ignition switch etc. Ended up just putting in a bump start button with power cutoff which solves the issue and I've never looked back. So sometimes the key start works and when it doesnt, i just flip a switch and hit the ignition override (think racecar!).

- There's a pesky p0115 code that comes and goes...I've replaced the coolant temp sensor and it went away for a while but it comes back every so often (Ultragauge removes it!)

- headlight switch: the hi/lo separation bearing is worn a bit. i.e. when running headlights, a turn signal may flip the stalk to hi

-Maintenance: knuckles appear a bit wet- may plan for a rebuild (I doubt I'll get to it prior to selling it)

I've got many spare parts and fluids/grease/T6 rotella that will be included and will give special tools too - I have no need for LC specific tools.

I bought a '23 Sequoia TRDP in August, so this rig now just sits...sad I know! Looking for about $25k given the 3lock and included mods.

Starting my post here but will expand to other forums/ social listings later.

email: sesporas (AT) gmail (DOT) com is best for communication.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom