Ford 1996 F-150 2wd I6 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys my heater went out on my truck. It smokes from the front of a pulley on the engine. It only does this when my heater is turned on. It used to clunk before it obviously went out. anyone have a parts diagram or know what the unit is called that runs the heater and A/C? It's just below the PS pump. Thanks guys I gotta get this thing fixed, it's getting cold again.

Last edited:
it sounds like what you are talking about is the a/c compressor, this would turn on only when in the defrost mode, or if your truck has a defrost and floor mode as well. it shouldn't have any bearing on the heat working in your truck as long as you don't turn on the defrost. knowing you live in montana though means you will need it! (i'm from idaho originally, and my mom grew up in montana!)

Good luck with the fix!

it sounds like what you are talking about is the a/c compressor, this would turn on only when in the defrost mode, or if your truck has a defrost and floor mode as well. it shouldn't have any bearing on the heat working in your truck as long as you don't turn on the defrost. knowing you live in montana though means you will need it! (i'm from idaho originally, and my mom grew up in montana!)

Good luck with the fix!
oh, if you can't afford to replace that a/c unit just yet... you could always unplug it so it doesnt turn on!

well got the compressor clutch and tore into it today. I got the entire assembly to replace it all. But now i'm stuck. I got everything off fine but now cant get the new piece with the electronics to slide all the way back on the compressor. Will I have to remove the radiator to get at this thing better? Talk about frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom