Adios fellas! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It has been good to get to know you. Good luck with the Ford.

Well, i also went (nearly) your route...got myself a 2023 F150 Platinum Powerboost with ProPower. I don't tow much (nor plan to off-road) at all with the F150 but will be converting my breaker at house to be able to power my house during power outage. I did not get the MAX Tow Package which has the bothersome rear axle issue. (I still have LC in garage.)

IMG_6838.jpeg

IMG_6733.jpeg

Last edited:
@Tex68w Is your truck under recall due to incorrectly heat treated rear axles leading to complete failure?

Got to love Ford QA/QC. Don’t they budget $2B/year on warranty work? That was in their recent investor meetings. Also heard CeO saying they were going to work on it.

What a joke.

@Tex68w Is your truck under recall due to incorrectly heat treated rear axles leading to complete failure?

Got to love Ford QA/QC. Don’t they budget $2B/year on warranty work? That was in their recent investor meetings. Also heard CeO saying they were going to work on it.

What a joke.

No, that’s on a very limited amount of trucks with a very specific set of options on the build sheet, think it’s only impacting 40K trucks in total. They all have the Sterling 10.5, my truck has a Dana M275 and the newer gas Tremors have the Sterling 11.6.

In all fairness that’s a vendor issue and when you build as many trucks annually as they do it’s to be expected to some degree. I am glad that it doesn’t include my particular truck.

Well, i also went (nearly) your route...got myself a 2023 F150 Platinum Powerboost with ProPower. I don't tow much (nor plan to off-road) at all with the F150 but will be converting my breaker at house to be able to power my house during power outage. I did not get the MAX Tow Package which has the bothersome rear axle issue. (I still have LC in garage.)

View attachment 3422542

View attachment 3422543

Congrats!

Once the rattles start, infotainment starts glitching and the shocks start clunking, he’ll be thinking for sure.

Never had much in the way of rattles with any of my past Ford's but my headrest and dash rattled in the Cruiser. Infotainment glitches happen in every vehicle, the Land Cruiser and all of our GX's included, our current GX the most of any we've ever had. Now the latter is likely to blame on Car Play but it happens more often than it should so it's annoying. The shocks on the Tremor are known for failing prematurely but Carli will have me sorted there soon enough.

Once the rattles start, infotainment starts glitching and the shocks start clunking, he’ll be thinking for sure.
To be fair at 30k miles, I had my 2019 LC infotainment system replaced by Toyota under warranty...it would have cost $8-11k if out of warranty. I promptly bought ext warranty on my LC.

(But yes, Ford does have more potential issues than Toyota for sure....so, part of my negotiation on my F150 was 6 yrs / 125k miles ext warranty.)

Can LC do this? 😊

IMG_7289.jpeg

Cool parlor trick for sure.

How much of the 7.2Kw advertised PoWErBoOsT can be utilized? Assuming it is along the lines of liquid cooled generators, it's face value. I'm hoping it's as billed, but wouldn't put it past FOrd to go with the air cooled generator running capacity of approximately 50% of advertised value (3.6Kw running). Also, 30A isn't a lot for a house as large as yours IMHO. I hope you have LNG/LP for heat/cooking/water heater. Just food for thought before you need to leverage your truck as a source of electricity when the grid cannot supply it.

Speaking from experience, I had a 2022 raptor. It was such a piece of s*** I traded it in 5 months after for another lc200. Good luck with the clunks, rattles, glitchy infotainment and terrible ride quality.

Fair enough but my 200 was no different. Worst infotainment ever and constantly went black and rebooted itself. Rattles, yep, had those too, one in the dash and the seats/headrests.

I’ve done the Raptor thing as well in the past and I’ll take a Super Duty over a F150 any day of the week. No need for generators in my truck here.

How much of the 7.2Kw advertised PoWErBoOsT can be utilized? Assuming it is along the lines of liquid cooled generators, it's face value. I'm hoping it's as billed, but wouldn't put it past FOrd to go with the air cooled generator running capacity of approximately 50% of advertised value (3.6Kw running). Also, 30A isn't a lot for a house as large as yours IMHO. I hope you have LNG/LP for heat/cooking/water heater. Just food for thought before you need to leverage your truck as a source of electricity when the grid cannot supply it.
One full gas tank + 7.2 kW continuous use at max = 32 hours.

Yes, you can use all 7.2 kW.

I have it powering my one AC unit, lights, 2 fridges, family room, kitchen, study room, and master bath, etc. I was at 2500 watts. So plenty of headroom for me to plug in extra stuff into the outlets (fans, batteries, electronics). And given that i am using at most 1/2 of the 7.2kW...one full gas tank can power my house for 2-3 days. Think about that! :)

I have natural gas for cooking and heating.

FYI, i have simulated power outage and the truck did great! :)

Last edited:
Fair enough but my 200 was no different. Worst infotainment ever and constantly went black and rebooted itself. Rattles, yep, had those too, one in the dash and the seats/headrests.

I’ve done the Raptor thing as well in the past and I’ll take a Super Duty over a F150 any day of the week. No need for generators in my truck here.
It's been two months....as the kids say "POAST PICS!" I want to see what supplanted the beloved 200. I definitely miss my truck, but wouldn't trade my 200 for a 150....a 250 OTOH....maybe.

It's been two months....as the kids say "POAST PICS!" I want to see what supplanted the beloved 200. I definitely miss my truck, but wouldn't trade my 200 for a 150....a 250 OTOH....maybe.

Lol 😂, I’ll get some pics up for you later today. Waiting on wheels still for transformation to lift and 37’s.

I wouldn’t say it supplanted the love for the 200, I still adore them but I really want the 300 Cruiser more than anything and that doesn’t appear to ever be a reality here in the states. I’ve always loved Super Duty trucks, this is my fifth one after all. There will be another Cruiser in my garage in due time.

Sorry, no real glamour pics just yet. The color is Antimatter Blue, it looks black in all but direct sunlight. It'll likely get a Carli level and 37's/new wheels to look similar to the one in the last pic.

0cOWfVy.jpg

cpXCMqD.jpg

7eqJNII.jpg

0kS5MEP.jpg
Nice truck. Will you stop there? GFC? FWC? OEV? Mits?

IMG_6911.jpeg

IMG_6827.png

IMG_6823.png

This with my house hooked up to truck: AC running. Lights. One fridge running.

1696261290573.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom