Adios fellas! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cool.

I couldn't help but notice a lot of "up to" in the descriptions there. I hope you never have to, but wonder what real world, near capacity consistent use of 7.2Kw yields on the gasoline consumption side of things. I also wonder what the infotainment thing would show if your heater coils kick on or when your A/C compressor starts up regarding capacity. Were you able to see anything when your fridge compressor started during your dry run?

Does truck have some sort of anti-theft mode during "generator mode" while you're sleeping inside your house?

Cool.

I couldn't help but notice a lot of "up to" in the descriptions there. I hope you never have to, but wonder what real world, near capacity consistent use of 7.2Kw yields on the gasoline consumption side of things. I also wonder what the infotainment thing would show if your heater coils kick on or when your A/C compressor starts up regarding capacity. Were you able to see anything when your fridge compressor started during your dry run?

Does truck have some sort of anti-theft mode during "generator mode" while you're sleeping inside your house?
According to Ford, my truck can run at MAX 7.2 kW for CONTINUOUS 32 hours on 1 full gas tank.

Obviously, i am never going to run at max.

My AC in master bedroom has 13 amp minimum. No soft starter needed. It turned on and ran beautifully without hiccup when my house connected to truck. THAT pic above of my infotainment was with AC unit on.

The fridge did fine as well. BOTH fridge and AC were running in pic above. No hiccups. That was my small fridge in utility room. My MAIN fridge did not turn on during my test....but i am sure that it won't be an issue since I was at about 2300 watts...and my headroom was 7200.

1696264786281.png

Yes, i can lock my truck with generator/engine on. Remmeber, the engine does NOT run all the time. It only turns on as needed if the battery goes low. So, yes, i can lock my truck and go to sleep.

Last edited:
Nice truck. Will you stop there? GFC? FWC? OEV? Mits?

It's possible, still trying to figure out the direction of this build. I really want to use the factory winch and keep the OEM bumper but there are a lot of shortcomings with that setup so I am still exploring an aftermarket winch bumper as well.

Here is a '20-22 Tremor in the same color and lift/tires as mine with a GFC. I like the looks/lines, but FWC has the worst build quality of the bunch.

MlYMiz6.jpg

Last edited:
OP- You need both! Best wishes with the Tremorr. I bought a 22 SD Tremor 7.3 last year. Loved it but decided to not tow my boat so I traded it in this year for an F150 Tremor 5.0. Much more practical for my use case, which includes daily driver duties. I really like the F150, but no way was I parting ways with my LC200. Might be an unpopular opinion here, but I much prefer the Ford trucks over the current Tundra (and I had a 2nd gen Tundra for 8+ years and loved it).

OP- You need both! Best wishes with the Tremorr. I bought a 22 SD Tremor 7.3 last year. Loved it but decided to not tow my boat so I traded it in this year for an F150 Tremor 5.0. Much more practical for my use case, which includes daily driver duties. I really like the F150, but no way was I parting ways with my LC200. Might be an unpopular opinion here, but I much prefer the Ford trucks over the current Tundra (and I had a 2nd gen Tundra for 8+ years and loved it).

Oh I agree. We test drove a new Tundra (knowing it wasn't enough for the tasks at hand) just to do our due diligence and I wasn't impressed.

Oh I agree. We test drove a new Tundra (knowing it wasn't enough for the tasks at hand) just to do our due diligence and I wasn't impressed.
TBH I tossed around the idea of going from my f150 EcOBooSt and getting 5.7 tundra in approx 2018/2019. The tundra was a dog off the line and floated like a cadillac. In fairness, at this point I had swapped suspension in my truck and was running a 93 octane tune. But I told the (admittedly great) salesman I wouldn't be happy regardless of whatever number they offered up. I thanked them for their time and left. I haven't experienced the new tundra, but hope it is quicker off the line and more planted comparatively.

TBH I tossed around the idea of going from my f150 EcOBooSt and getting 5.7 tundra in approx 2018/2019. The tundra was a dog off the line and floated like a cadillac. In fairness, at this point I had swapped suspension in my truck and was running a 93 octane tune. But I told the (admittedly great) salesman I wouldn't be happy regardless of whatever number they offered up. I thanked them for their time and left. I haven't experienced the new tundra, but hope it is quicker off the line and more planted comparatively.
TBH...my Ford floats despite having FX4 package. I think floating is a "truck thing" esp if your bed is empty.

TBH...my Ford floats despite having FX4 package. I think floating is a "truck thing" esp if your bed is empty.
Swap the old man OEM shocks with Bilstein 5100s and get yourself some Helwig sway bars (rear AND front). You'll lose articulation for sure, but that thing becomes (capital P) Planted.

Swap the old man OEM shocks with Bilstein 5100s and get yourself some Helwig sway bars. You'll lose articulation for sure, but that thing becomes (capital P) Planted.
yeah but that's OK. Don't want anything to change my payload. Articulation is not a concern either way bc i don't plan on taking my F150 off-road other than maybe mild terrain or washboards (to get to a destination). The ride is pretty good for a truck...so, i don't mind the mild floating much. I am usually in favor of softer ride in trucks/SUVs (thus stock suspension on my LC).

It's possible, still trying to figure out the direction of this build. I really want to use the factory winch and keep the OEM bumper but there are a lot of shortcomings with that setup so I am still exploring an aftermarket winch bumper as well.

Here is a '20-22 Tremor in the same color and lift/tires as mine with a FWC. I like the looks/lines, but FWC has the worst build quality of the bunch.

MlYMiz6.jpg
Looks like a GFC. And I have always read they are superb build quality?

Looks like a GFC. And I have always read they are superb build quality?

I meant GFC. In my opinion they don't touch an AT.

Cool.

Tested my truck today. Started the F150's generator at 10:40 am to power my house.

My truck read 511 miles to empty at beginning of test:

img_7440_f86f54ddf6cc8f223c156f4878927a04aea0d2ab.jpeg

After 1 hour of my truck powering the house, I lost 2 miles in driving range:

img_7445_04a2a60f898aec5f406ac3af718d8725a906da68.jpeg

During this hour, I had my single AC (2 ton) unit set at 76 degrees inside master bedroom (ran a few times during the hour). Lights were ON, Wifi routers ON, 2 mobile fans at max speeds in the family room, 2 fridges on and off (big fridge and smaller one), and my laptop was charging.

My F150 was ON, but AC and display of infotainment were OFF and car was locked.

Given that a full gas tank nets me around 605 or so miles, my truck can easily support my house for over a week on ONE gas tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom