Adios fellas! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well there's no easy way to say this but the 200 has been sold. We picked up a F250 Tremor 6.7 HO in it's place. This was part calculated and part impulse as I had planned to add the truck alongside of the 200 and GX but in the end the getting was good/decent on the 200 and it was hard to pass up getting out of it with great equity before I racked up another 30K miles and sunk another $10K+ into it. It was a great vehicle giving me zero issues prior to the non-stop EVAP debacle in Colorado and it will be missed. That said, it's nice to be back in a truck again and the power, utility of a bed and cabin room are a nice change.

I am not the least bit excited about the neutered Land Cruiser Prado they unveiled to us this week so we will likely replace the current GX with a Lexus GX550 Over Trail sometime in 2025. I am still looking for the right 60 Series to restore and build so hopefully I won't be out of the Cruiser game for long. It's been a great time here on these boards, lots of very knowledgable owners and characters over here and I'll miss the overall civility and IQ of this forum in comparison to many other forums/boards. Best wishes fellas, until next time!

2hx8T0N.jpg

Pics of your new truck?

Boo!
You will be missed.

And come back in a few months and give us a review of what a LC-less life is like.

Pics of your new truck?

Sorry, no real glamour pics just yet. The color is Antimatter Blue, it looks black in all but direct sunlight. It'll likely get a Carli level and 37's/new wheels to look similar to the one in the last pic.

0cOWfVy.jpg

cpXCMqD.jpg

7eqJNII.jpg

0kS5MEP.jpg

Nice truck man. Always a lot of trash talk here about Ford pickups. I added a F150 to the stable. But we kept the 200. I wanted a rig for camping and hauling stuff. We travel a lot and always take mountain, gravel and road bikes with us. I needed to haul up to six bikes, a ton of gear and I wanted a camper. I went with a Go Fast Camper for the truck and absolutely love my setup. I can haul everything I need and the GFC is fantastic. I just can't do this with the 200. And I've had 0 issues with my truck and it's pushing 155k miles now.

Nice truck man. Always a lot of trash talk here about Ford pickups. I added a F150 to the stable. But we kept the 200. I wanted a rig for camping and hauling stuff. We travel a lot and always take mountain, gravel and road bikes with us. I needed to haul up to six bikes, a ton of gear and I wanted a camper. I went with a Go Fast Camper for the truck and absolutely love my setup. I can haul everything I need and the GFC is fantastic. I just can't do this with the 200. And I've had 0 issues with my truck and it's pushing 155k miles now.

Ford does trucks so well. their small SUV's are another story.

My F350 with the 7.3L is still going strong.

I’ve had a lot of these things, Ford is the only make I’ve owned more of than Toyota/Lexus products. I am comfortable with these trucks and I promised myself that if/when I get another one it would be a Tremor. I would have done a few things differently had I ordered but with the waits and dealership markup games that have been going on I was willing to make a few trade offs in order to avoid all of that.

I don’t get it but cool. Come back and see us when you inevitably trade that truck back in for a used 200!

Take care, broski!

It’s not a replacement for the 200 per se, more of a different tool that can be used for tasks that the 200 doesn’t really shine at. Trust me, I’d like to keep both but we are looking to buy a new house and some additional property so I need to consolidate for the time being.

Last edited:
Well there's no easy way to say this but the 200 has been sold.
I've enjoyed your posts over the years man and I hate to hear this. Good luck with the new truck and house and check in with us from time to time!

Come back; all is forgiven!

I suppose it’s just the photo angle, but that looks like the biggest truck I’ve seen. All that room will be nice!

Come back; all is forgiven!

I suppose it’s just the photo angle, but that looks like the biggest truck I’ve seen. All that room will be nice!

Haha, they really are pretty massive. What's mind boggling is that guys have taken them up Yankee Boy Basin bone stock without issue, so they are decently capable but I guess I shouldn't be surprised as they do have off-road modes, a rear electronic locker, front Trac-Lock, and a mild lift with 35's from the factory. Their size, weight and 160" wheelbase are the things that will hold it back off-road just like the Power Wagon but it's quite capable for a HD truck. It'll move me around on the Alpine Loop and in other places well enough to hold me over until the next Cruiser.

I wonder how many here would love for me to post a similar thread saying goodbye to this forum.....:flush:

I was the opposite. Had a 2016 Ford F150 and loved it but problems were a brewing. Torque convert and turbos (3.5 ecobust). I didn’t want to go down the money pit rabbit whole so I traded even for my first LC. No regrets yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom