1995 Prado KZJ78W Engine light (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New owner of a 1995 Prado KZJ78W (Don’t know much about Cruisers)

Question about a dim check engine light (can’t see during the day but at night it’s on and dim) upon ignition cycling the light is bright (how it should be if there was a engine problem) but after ignition it goes super dim. I took the terminals off the battery to reset the computer to see if it would go away but it’s still there.

1st photo is cycling ignition
2nd is engine running

IMG_2461.jpeg

IMG_2462.jpeg

There's a ground behind the dash that was giving me a no illumination issue, I would check that ground and see what's going on. My KZJ78 has a ground point in the dash, right to the left of the steering column. Very similar to this 70 series wiring diagram. 3rd picture the red cable is the ground!

1689594281607.png

1689621045940.png

2023_1_3620.jpg

There's a ground behind the dash that was giving me a no illumination issue, I would check that ground and see what's going on. My KZJ78 has a ground point in the dash, right to the left of the steering column. Very similar to this 70 series wiring diagram. 3rd picture the red cable is the ground!

View attachment 3444073

View attachment 3444074

View attachment 3444075
Forgot to say my truck did this a few times and cleaning the grounds fixed my issue, mine was the T-Belt light but I could only see it at night! If you ever need help im in Oki too!

I think I saw your truck at outcast yesterday
Yet to go to outcast for anything but I've heard great stuff about the guy! I messaged him a few days ago seeing if he can fab me up a 3" exhaust and throw a downpipe on but I haven't gotten a response. There's some copycats of me out there, you know who you are!:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom