SOLD 1995 LC HZJ73: TURBOCHARGED (all OEM) 1HZ Diesel, 89,500 miles, Front and Rear Lockers, 5 Speed manual, Factory PTO Winch, Ironman 4x4 suspension... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
Outside Link
https://www.uncommonmotorcars.com/inventory/p/1995-toyota-land-cruiser-hzj73-55900
This 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser HZJ73 was imported from Japan to the US in February 2020 by Uncommon Motor Cars. This right-hand-drive example boasts a Slate Blue (color code 183) exterior paired with a removable silver FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) hardtop.

The Land Cruiser 70 Series is powered by a TURBOCHARGED 4.2L 1HZ diesel inline-six engine, complemented by a five-speed manual transmission and a dual-range transfer case, with locking front and rear differentials, ensuring it can conquer any terrain. While the factory engine was naturally aspirated, we felt this example deserved some added power and decided to turbocharge it with all Toyota parts. In turbocharging the engine we used: Toyota CT26 turbo assembly, Toyota 1HDT exhaust manifold, Toyota 1HDT intake pipe,Toyota 1HDT air cleaner cap, Toyota 1HDT elbow-turbine outlet, Toyota 1HDT Intake Air Elbow, Toyota engine cooling system & heater/bypass hoses, and Toyota thermostat & gasket.

This 70 series is truly a unicorn with its 5-speed manual transmission, triple locking differentials, TURBOCHARGED 1HZ engine, and the factory installed Toyota PTO winch in the front bumper. These highly coveted features set this 70 series apart while enhancing its off-road capabilities without compromise. And that’s all before we decided to address the suspension.

16″ JDM wheels are wrapped in brand new 33″ Nitto Ridge Grappler tires. An Iron Man 4x4 Foam Cell Pro 2" Suspension Kit has been installed. The upgraded leaf springs and shocks provide superior ride quality, increased stability, and improved handling in both on and off-road situations. Designed to handle rough off-road conditions, these 4x4 shock absorbers provide maximum performance.

The interior of the Land Cruiser features sport seats at the front and a spacious rear bench, all upholstered in a tasteful blue-gray herringbone pattern that matches the door cards. Gray plastics, plush JDM OEM gray and blue patterned Land Cruiser branded carpets, and an off-white headliner complement the removable fiberglass top. The factory-installed roll cage not only reinforces safety but also supports a fabric roof option for those who prefer an open-air driving experience.

Additional exterior details include a full size rear mounted spare tire, JDM Toyota rain guards, Toyota Aluminum side steps, a Toyota chrome front bumper with brush guard, PTO Toyota winch and a rare original Land Cruiser branded vinyl winch cover. We installed OEM, hood mounted, rubber windshield cushions should you wish to drop the windshield when you remove the top. Included in the sale are brand new OEM foldable Toyota windshield wiper arms compatible with the folding windshield, a Toyota tool kit, Toyota jack and OEM Toyota snow chains.

Key features include a factory Toyota radio and tape deck, and a dashboard housing a 170-km/h speedometer, a tachometer with a 4,500-rpm redline. Heat and air conditioning are present and controllable by both front and rear passengers. Brand new sun visors were installed. With just 89,500 miles (144,460km) on the odometer, of which about 1,000 have been added by us, this Land Cruiser is ready to offer its new owner a blend of reliability, style, and off-road prowess.

In addition to the improvements made to the engine, suspension and tires, the following services were performed in preparation for sale: oil change, new oil filter, new air filter, new A/C pulley, new A/C vacuum actuator, new radiator, two new batteries, and new downpipes.

This 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser HZJ73 is now available in Miami, accompanied by Japanese export documentation, Japanese service records, and a clean Florida title.

We have many more photos available upon request or on our site: 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser HZJ73 $54,500 — Uncommon Motor Cars - https://www.uncommonmotorcars.com/inventory/p/1995-toyota-land-cruiser-hzj73-55900

Asking price: $54,500 OR BEST OFFER

Copy of _DSF0990.jpg
Copy of _DSF0989.jpg
Copy of _DSF1005.jpg
Copy of _DSF1011.jpg
Copy of _DSF1248.jpg
Copy of _DSF0987.jpg
Copy of _DSF1302.jpg
Copy of _DSF1257.jpg

Last edited:
triple locked….

In a world of miserable politics, tiktok, Boeing safety concerns, boats taking out bridges, p-diddy getting raided by the feds oh and….

B51ECB01-8B9D-4D45-909C-13AF9A68FB72.gif

Seeing the term “triple locked” triggers me like no other. When was this OK’d? Seriously. How many people brag about single locked? I know this is seemingly only a USA 80s thing….

Rant off.

Also, was there even another color HZJ73 out of Japan?

I see some add ons someone put on. The hood bumpers for soft top and then the rear roll bar doesn’t seem to be in very many Japanese market rigs I see.

I’d like to know the verdict on this truck after reading the comments .

Apparently I've missed the golden period in time where a guy could buy one of these to take the wife, kid and dog out for an afternoon in the woods and not feel like he is financially ruining himself when a tree branch grazes the side of the truck....

Anyway I dont know much about these but it looks really nice OP, good luck im sure someone will love it.

JMHO Way over priced 🤨 Where will it end

I’d like to know the verdict on this truck after reading the comments .

It looks solid. It’s pricey.

Normally you see these around the $30-$35k for an HZJ73. I think you are seeing the large price Becuase of the turbo. IMO, factory (there is no factory turbo for the 1HZ…I’m not counting the alleged 1 they found in a bus) is not a huge upsell for me.

There are plenty of threads about turboing a 1HZ and the dangers within and how to mitigate risks.

There are better and newer more efficient turbo/intercooler setups I would choose over the older setup.

It also has some add ins, hood bumpers, roll
Bar which aren’t bad at all, but what else is in there?

It appears they just put new shocks on, the leaf springs look older.

You are getting into troopy prices now.

$25k tops

ahhhh miami, now i understand

I think the sales pitch writing is a joke on this forum, where the people here know more about the vehicles than the latest re-seller. You're not going to post something like this and get a good reception. Go to Martha's Vineyard and try it on the lead-ridden boomers, maybe they will add this to their Rover collection and think they got a good deal.

Truck has Sold for $53,500.

Just to address a couple of the comments:

Yes, that was a mistake referring to the truck as triple locked. The 73 had a mechanical transfer case WITHOUT an electric center locking diff. This one has front and rear lockers.

@FJBen we did not "just put shocks on". We put a full Iron Man 4x4 suspension and lift kit on including new performance leaf springs, shocks, steering damper, U-bolts, and polyurethane spring bushing kit. We worked very closely with Ironman to build the kit because it is not prepackaged on their site.

Besides the turbo and lift kit, the reason this truck was valuable is due to the condition of the vehicle, the low miles, and the combination of options it has (manual, lockers and PTO winch).

@bj70bc although you may feel this is too high, I paid more than your suggested price of $25,000 in JAPAN before import fees and taxes, repairs, and modifications. As for it being in Miami, I don't see the relevance. We sell about 90% of our trucks out of state and we had three people competing to purchase this truck, none of whom were in the South Florida area.

@sark as for the sales pitch writing, I hear you, but we sell on many different venues so we don't tailor make it for each one. At the end of the day, it gets the information across and gets the job done. If someone wants to REALLY talk cruisers, they generally reach out to us directly. I suggest you look into us as a company. We are not just the latest "reseller". We take great pride in our rigs and put a tremendous amount of time and money into them. Because of this, we have an excellent reputation everywhere.

As always, we GREATLY appreciate the Mud community. In this case, I felt the need to address a couple of these comments. I truly thank all of you for your time, your knowledge, and your enthusiasm.

Last edited:
Truck has Sold for $53,500!

As always, we GREATLY appreciate the Mud community. In this case, I felt the need to address a couple of these comments. I truly thank all of you for your time, your knowledge, and your enthusiasm.
It seems more like gloating over the fact that you were able to sell it for an extremely high price!
I would also guess the buyer was not a member of Mud.

Truck has Sold for $53,500!

Yes, that was a mistake referring to the truck as triple locked. The 73 had a mechanical transfer case WITHOUT an electric center locking diff. This one has front and rear lockers.

@FJBen we did not "just put shocks on". We put a full Iron Man 4x4 suspension and lift kit on including new performance leaf springs, shocks, steering damper, U-bolts, and polyurethane spring bushing kit. We worked very closely with Ironman to build the kit because it is not prepackaged on their site.

Besides the turbo and lift kit, the reason this truck was valuable is due to the condition of the vehicle, the low miles, and the combination of options it has (manual, lockers and PTO winch).

@bj70bc although you may feel this is too high, I paid more than your suggested price of $25,000 in JAPAN before import fees and taxes, repairs, and modifications. As for it being in Miami, I don't see the relevance. We sell about 90% of our trucks out of state and we had three people competing to purchase this truck, none of whom were in the South Florida area.

@sark as for the sales pitch writing, I hear you, but we sell on many different venues so we don't tailor make it for each one. At the end of the day, it gets the information across and gets the job done. If someone wants to REALLY talk cruisers, they generally reach out to us directly. I suggest you look into us as a company. We are not just the latest "reseller". We take great pride in our rigs and put a tremendous amount of time and money into them. Because of this, we have an excellent reputation everywhere.

I wasn't trying to be rude, it's just the wrong target audience for a post like this.

The regulars here are fairly knowledgeable from my experience, so when you make a for-sale post for a vehicle like this, I feel like it rubs people the wrong way. Like I said, your post reads like the target audience is people who know nothing about the vehicle but have deep pockets. That's why I made the Martha's Vineyard comment. That's not a bad thing, most people in the US who aren't on a forum for a niche, non-domestic vehicle probably do know close to nothing about them.

People here, though, read a sales-pitch with blatantly wrong/made-up technical information about the vehicle in your post, see a price tag that is roughly double what we would think is appropriate, will react as such. I feel like you should at LEAST make sure you know the info on the vehicle you're selling if you punch that high up on price. Otherwise how can people seriously respect a post like this?

I'm glad it worked out for you, it looks like a nice example.

Truck has Sold for $53,500.

1712251715991.jpeg

Those are new springs?
8484AEDC-96FA-455B-BE77-BC0477E517A7.jpeg

Why does everything look so crusty on them already?

Not dogging you guys but man those look terrible for being new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom