1995 brake booster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mine leaks air, its an unpainted aftermarket unknown. It hisses when applying brakes. I lost brakes for a second the other say, well power brakes, so i need this done asap.

Do i: rebuild using oem parts(available???), go aftermarket again or buy a used autozone one from a fellow mud member having a local part out?

Im a “factory” parts kinda guy if i can afford them, rebuilds are usually the route i go, just not sure how many bannanas it is.

I will be deleting my abs at the same time, maybe lsvp too, so pulling brake lines doesn’t bother me.

Mine leaks air, its an unpainted aftermarket unknown. It hisses when applying brakes. I lost brakes for a second the other say, well power brakes, so i need this done asap.

Do i: rebuild using oem parts(available???), go aftermarket again or buy a used autozone one from a fellow mud member having a local part out?

Im a “factory” parts kinda guy if i can afford them, rebuilds are usually the route i go, just not sure how many bannanas it is.

I will be deleting my abs at the same time, maybe lsvp too, so pulling brake lines doesn’t bother me.
Recent thread had a lot of folks saying trust nothing but oem or rebuilt oem unit, yours or scrapper. Just a matter of who does the rebuild...

I did mine back in October of last year. All the OEM boosters were on backorder. Cruiseryard didn't have any. I did a lot of research and from what I gathered, it sounded like the Centric boosters had the best reputation of all the aftermarket boosters among 80 owners. That's what I used because I had to get something. It has been fine so far. Long term, no idea. Install was a little fiddly, but not a big deal. The booster will pivot out of it's nest and the new will pivot back in. It won't just slide right out. Not enough room for that.

Last edited:
I did mine back in October of last year. All the OEM boosters were on backorder. Cruiseryard didn't have any. I did a lot of research and from what I gathered, it sounded like the Centric boosters had the best reputation of all the aftermarket boosters among 80 owners. That's what I used because I had to get something. It has been fine so far. Long term, no idea. Install was a little fiddly, but not a big deal. The booster will pivot out of it's nest and the new will pivot back in. It won't just slide right out. Not enough room for that.

Was it a reman oem? I’m running their reman brakes, no issues.

when replacing my booster last year, i purchased 3 back to back faulty or not-installable boosters from autozone.

Never had an issue with new OEM ones.

It is not the direct OEM replacement. Do a search on here the Seiken. You’ll find people happy with them. Myself included.

I’m an OEM guy for sure, but 600 was a little much for me on this one. Did my research and the seiken came out on top. Looks, feels and has the right stamps similar to OEM. If it came with the red and white sticker I’d say it’s OEM.

Do some searching and get some more opinions, but I’d say it’s the best bang for your buck.

You want the Seiken as linked above, I've sold countless of them and not a single issue. Made in Japan. I have plenty in stock.

What else do they make that is top quality for the 80?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom