Builds 1994 Triple Locked Island Cruiser Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ED2D0E4E-A7BF-4277-AF4E-EAEA9A0A3225.jpeg

Super quick shipping from Utah to Hawaii. Cruiserteq rebuild kit. Went with the koyo bearings. After doing a little more inspection of the truck, looks like my steering gearbox is starting to leak. Looking at the options either a full oem with the 105 shaft or getting it rebuilt with 105. There are also a bunch of leaks on the engine. Looks mostly like the valve cover gasket possibly the rear main. At this point the engine is at 216k and I haven’t even needed to put in more oil in between changes so I’m debating just letting it run, watching it closely and then when funds allow swap in a new oem short block and then be set for another 20+ years.

Quick update. Birfs were rebuilt. Along the way, noted the steering gear box was also very leaky. Replaced it with a 105 box. All the tie rods were replaced. Did everything oem. Bushings in the radius arms are shot so ended up ordering the delta 3” long. Slowly planning out the move to 37s.

BD3C30D5-5570-42EF-93AE-D0D63C398862.jpeg
0D998BEA-C871-44B6-BE3C-34A011DEA8B2.jpeg

After everything was fixed, took it out for some night wheeling in the mud.
F21E5225-808E-4BD1-A539-AD99CFF62050.jpeg

After the trip pretty disappointed in these Yokohamas. Having my tires side by side with the toyos, seeing how they clear out the mud the yoks were pretty caked. Plan for 37s eventually. I’m deciding between toyos mt and BFG km3. The BFGs run a little smaller and weigh a little less making me lean a little toward them. Also thinking of swapping the scs for volks for weight savings. We’ll see though

93C88BCC-4D73-4206-B14A-AA083D2C1B22.jpeg

The delta 3L arms are in. Ordered them with all new hardware and the OEM bushings installed. What a difference in the ride quality. Going from shot bushings to new bushings it glides over bumps now and there’s a lot less noises. After replacing essentially all the steering components, the truck drives absolutely fantastically. Drives straight, requires minimal input to keep it straight, the steering feels like a new truck.

A08AF69A-0A93-479E-869F-0D11985313A1.jpeg

There is quite a lot of room now with the axels pushed up. I can see that 37s would fit even with the dobinsons 2.5” lift. Still debating about just going to a 3” lift though.

9C1B4654-827B-4817-8D66-064073843A3C.jpeg

Final alignment numbers. Seems like I can go up another inch and be okay. No driveline vibrations at this point so maybe I’ll try to shove in the 37s without lifting it more and hope for the best.

Finally, shout out to delta. The arms are absolutely incredible in terms of quality and performance. One particular aspect I want to comment on is the powder coating. The costing job was flawless. I’ve bought from other companies where there were little areas that the powder didn’t quite cover and being in Hawaii, sure enough a few weeks later there’s already rust developing. Packaging was great, no damage from the transport at all. There was a slight delay, but they communicated the delay and it showed up not long after. 10/10 would buy from them again.

As an aside a friend of mine is making shirts. He wanted to feature my rig as a first. Here is the design

538E422B-9D00-4A1A-8AA1-845286514BFF.jpeg

Please hit him up on Instagram @ 808.xj

Haven’t updated for quite some time. Lots of things happening. 1st, didn’t put the car and left it in 4-Lo wasn’t moving when I left, wife opted to reach across the car and turn it off, it rolled back and I lost a door. This prompted a bunch of things. Found a replacement door locally which was awesome. The window motor was burnt out, figured it was a good time to replace all of my motors regulators so that was done. Noticed some of the window runs and the inner window moldings we’re going to crap to so ordered all of that from delta along with new vapor barriers.
FAD5F2EF-2928-4D26-BE56-7531BF277277.jpeg

The new door came off of an LX450 and it was black so it needed to get painted. There was also leaking from the sunroof and I don’t use it so figured it’s time to close off the sunroof and pain the entire truck. So that is where it’s at now. I also thought if I was going to paint it, now would be a good time to do clearance work prior to paint so it could all get painted at once. So moved up to 37x12.5x17 BFG KM3s. I also went down on offset and wanted to use beadlocks. So I bought the new RRW Monoforged Hybrid beadlocks. I really like the weight that comes with it being monoforged.

4A7D1A24-61C4-4AD5-BD9B-F00B4985924F.jpeg

I also opted to get rid of my old rust steps and get the WKOR sliders. I was able to test it all out prior to it going to paint. I was pleasantly surprised how much travel and the not so bad amount of rubbing that there was for only being on a 2.5” lift. The deltavs 3L radius arms for sure help. It wasn’t actually all that bad with stock gears either. I also finished up the LCP sway bar disconnect. Drove it around for a while and have to say doesn’t really feel like I need the sway bar so I just left it disconnected.

F9FDCD47-CECC-42DE-AFE4-9B56C809AD21.jpeg

F386949D-049E-43A5-869D-C1768162667E.jpeg

07B3B0ED-EC70-4271-B142-AFF27D17456F.jpeg

I also opted to order a replacement windshield weatherstrip just to rule out all the possible causes of leaking into the cabin. Anyhow will get the truck back in a couple weeks. This will more or less conclude all the exterior mods. What breaks next will dictate the next mods 😂😂

Rig is looking good !
What is the backspacing on those wheels?
And what is the weight ?

There is a possibility that I will be in Oahu Hawaii for work. If your on that island maybe we can get together for a beer 😉

Haven’t updated for quite some time. Lots of things happening. 1st, didn’t put the car and left it in 4-Lo wasn’t moving when I left, wife opted to reach across the car and turn it off, it rolled back and I lost a door. This prompted a bunch of things. Found a replacement door locally which was awesome. The window motor was burnt out, figured it was a good time to replace all of my motors regulators so that was done. Noticed some of the window runs and the inner window moldings we’re going to crap to so ordered all of that from delta along with new vapor barriers. View attachment 3347077

The new door came off of an LX450 and it was black so it needed to get painted. There was also leaking from the sunroof and I don’t use it so figured it’s time to close off the sunroof and pain the entire truck. So that is where it’s at now. I also thought if I was going to paint it, now would be a good time to do clearance work prior to paint so it could all get painted at once. So moved up to 37x12.5x17 BFG KM3s. I also went down on offset and wanted to use beadlocks. So I bought the new RRW Monoforged Hybrid beadlocks. I really like the weight that comes with it being monoforged.

View attachment 3347078

I also opted to get rid of my old rust steps and get the WKOR sliders. I was able to test it all out prior to it going to paint. I was pleasantly surprised how much travel and the not so bad amount of rubbing that there was for only being on a 2.5” lift. The deltavs 3L radius arms for sure help. It wasn’t actually all that bad with stock gears either. I also finished up the LCP sway bar disconnect. Drove it around for a while and have to say doesn’t really feel like I need the sway bar so I just left it disconnected.

View attachment 3347079
View attachment 3347080
View attachment 3347081

I also opted to order a replacement windshield weatherstrip just to rule out all the possible causes of leaking into the cabin. Anyhow will get the truck back in a couple weeks. This will more or less conclude all the exterior mods. What breaks next will dictate the next mods 😂😂
Great looking rig. My daughter attends U of H Moana, next time we are out there I will reach out to you. Maybe you can take us to some unseen areas of the island.

Rig is looking good !
What is the backspacing on those wheels?
And what is the weight ?

There is a possibility that I will be in Oahu Hawaii for work. If your on that island maybe we can get together for a beer 😉

Thank you!

Backspacing is 4.28” weight is 25.8 lbs.

Truck is at body shop now. Trying to decide on how much to cut off. After the wheeling trip, there wasn’t too too much rubbing. Thinking of my aunt saving some room for activities later on.

8490C2B0-D0CF-4DD3-A2EE-A9B56172861A.jpeg

F696A5A4-DFAB-42C5-BF1B-B6887F64FFB6.jpeg

the body shop guy gave me these two options. White line and yellow line. His preference is the white line to maintain the yellow tab for the flare. I want to keep them there at this point. Yellow line obviously gives me more clearance but less structural integrity for the flares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom