Builds 1994 HZJ73 Wine Red Flex Dream (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Really the only thing I would like to improve on my setup is the jarring pothole/cracks type of bumps. Everything else is smooth sailing and rides pretty dang good. The bilsteins were a huge upgrade over my previous shocks.

I suppose that’s why you have all those adjustments to dial it in.
If you're already dialed with your springs, matching your front end weight, and positioned correctly within the suspension travel, as well as "good enough" shocks with sufficient compression valving, than the next thing that comes to mind when thinking about the specific scenarios you are mentioning, is a shackle reversal modification.
This would involve holesaw cutting the chassis rails and welding a correctly sized bushing to accommodate for poly bushes for the rear positioned shackle if you do not want to raise the vehicle significantly.
However, this is a lot of work and you would have to ask someone who had done it if it is worth the hassle.
Good luck

Just finished swapping the other hub. I had some issues with the snap ring not wanting to settle back in, but we got’er dun. EVERYTHING WORKS THE WAY IT SHOULD!

I also removed the sways bar today and the flex is more gooder. I also had to retune the MRR’s. I’ll be ready for a wee off-road trip next week I think.

Welp, I spent the past month slaving away getting my Cruiser sorted for an off road trip this week and BOOM told yesterday I’m going to AZ today for 2 months of work, arggggg.
I can take it out for you 😜

Welp, I spent the past month slaving away getting my Cruiser sorted for an off road trip this week and BOOM told yesterday I’m going to AZ today for 2 months of work, arggggg.
I more than know the feeling. It's great to be fruitfully employed but sometimes you wish you could just live a normal life ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom