Builds Ryans 3 linked FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This has turned into a build thread from me just asking a couple questions. So let’s begin and get you caught up

4wheelunderground 3 link with 2.5 remote resi 14” travel coilovers with 2.5” air bumps , and bilstein’s with an ome 3” spring (for now)
Hell fire knuckles
Battle born 17” beadlocks 3.5” Bs
37x12.5 Nitto M/T
Factory header with egr delete
Ruff stuff/Barnes heim steering
Trail gear sliders and front bumper
Warn zeon 9.5 winch

That’s all the interesting parts I have put on or have sitting in my garage waiting to go on so follow along with my build and see the progress!

I just picked up a 93 fzj80 and have a few issues with it...

1st. To get it into my garage I had to take the factory roof rack and rails off when I did this a few of the screws twisted off with the mounts in the roof.. any thoughts? I am worried about water getting in there and inside the cab..?

2nd. My windows are having a hard time rolling up and down. I have purchased several aftermarket parts from 1aauto and they have been excellent quality. They sell all the window guts with motor for 150$ for the front pair. Are the rears the same? Can I just order two sets of fronts?

Last edited:
1) read any thread on filling roof rack holes.

2) the motors are the same, but swapped side to side. The regulators are completely different front to rear. The common problem of slow rear windows seems to mostly be due to old, hardened, cracked, nasty channel run seals. Replacing those and cleaning and lubing the motor and regulator will probably do more for the rears than replacing the motor would.

I have an OME 3” right now but I just ordered 4wheelunderground’s 3 link kit, 2.5” resi coilovers for the front and 2.5” resi shocks for the rear with 2.5” bump stops on all four corners. Gonna run slee steering kit with ruff stuff Heim steering and a psc hydro assist. And I am going to keep the ome 3” coils on the rear for now and go from there and sort out all these little issues with this thing!

93 and 94 are absolutely the best year of the FZJ80!!!! Congrats!! A442F is light years better than the garbage A343. That transmission should have never made it into the land cruiser. Clean your window tracks thoroughly before buying any parts. It resolved my driver side. Also, you can clean and rebuild the motor/regulator, which there is a thread for as well.

Well all those sound good haha! I will clean the tracks etc and go from there!
My head gasket seems fine? Cooling system seems clean with Toyota red coolant, and oil is black as night so I don’t think they’re mixing any. And the motor doesn’t leak or drip anything that I can see.

Although I did wash it tonight and now the sun roof won’t roll open.. and it openend just fine before I washed it? Tried tilting it and cleaning the track but no luck?

I’ve had my ‘93 for 24 years. It’s not for sale and won’t be. Plenty of power, creature comforts, rugged, safe, room for lots of gear, fairly easy to work on, reliable. Heat in the winter and cold in the summer. Cruise control long drives, great back support, hatch easy to load and access gear. Pulls trailers, boats. Easy to handle. Did I say it’s not for sale!
Enjoy your LC.

Just ordered the cxracing header it looks pretty nice! This thing is due for an exhaust so might as well do it all!

Also found some blank oem Toyota 80 series landcruiser keys on eBay for 15$ ea! I only have one key :(

Picked up a low pro Trail gear tube front bumper and a 9000lb warn winch today!

Just ordered the cxracing header it looks pretty nice! This thing is due for an exhaust so might as well do it all!

Also found some blank oem Toyota 80 series landcruiser keys on eBay for 15$ ea! I only have one key :(

You can't get a plain key made at a local hardware store for a few bucks? I have like 8 for my LC......

Also, do some searching on here for the CX Racing header. I don't think it got good reviews. I think most have gone to the Walker? MagnaFlow? exhaust system from front to rear. I'm drawing a blank right now, sorry.

You can't get a plain key made at a local hardware store for a few bucks? I have like 8 for my LC......

Also, do some searching on here for the CX Racing header. I don't think it got good reviews. I think most have gone to the Walker? MagnaFlow? exhaust system from front to rear. I'm drawing a blank right now, sorry.

I looked around and not many people had it and the few I found said they liked it?

Just ordered wits end phh kit, modified Blue fan clutch, belts, radiator hoses, viar 450p compressor, arb tire plug kit and deflator.

Just ordered air filter, plugs, wires, cap n rotor, pcv valve, thermostat, radiator, water pump all from Toyota for about 700$

I read a lot of reviews on the radiators and after deciding I figured this radiator went 25 years so might as well just pick up one from the stealership

I just picked up a 93 fzj80 and have a few issues with it...

1st. To get it into my garage I had to take the factory roof rack and rails off when I did this a few of the screws twisted off with the mounts in the roof.. any thoughts? I am worried about water getting in there and inside the cab..?

2nd. My windows are having a hard time rolling up and down. I have purchased several aftermarket parts from 1aauto and they have been excellent quality. They sell all the window guts with motor for 150$ for the front pair. Are the rears the same? Can I just order two sets of fronts?
Welcome to Mud. :flipoff2: How are we supposed to be interested in your rig or believe it exists without visual aids???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom