1993 FZJ80 Rear Brake Caliper Replacement needed from local auto parts (AAP, Napa, AutoZone) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lp2k

Had a couple of drinks.. saw a couple of things
Threads
hey everyone- I am in the process of replacing the rear brake pads on my rig and behold, the piston cut through the pad and dug into the rotor. It is not a pretty site. I do need to find a replacement rotor fast and would like to grab one at a local auto parts store. I am having a hard time finding one as advance auto says "it may not fit" anyone can share if they were able to go to a local auto parts store and which caliper they used? I am replacing the passenger rear. Many thanks
BB126A2F-E404-4B8D-A443-10820DDF1192.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you need a caliper or the rotor? Napa eclipse is usually a remaned Toyota caliper. Replace both rears together if it were me

yea ill need both and will try to do both based on budget, ill try napa. have you @ajax1 used napa? drop in play without any issue?

Napa eclipse. Check that both have the OE stamp and that the pistons are good. Took a bit of running around to different Napa stores to find 2 OE stamped/good ones. Should look like this without the cerekote...
1573173172693.png

1573173177266.png

Last edited:
@ewillis thank you, it looks like the caliper you posted has 2 pistons inside while mine I believe is OEM and has one piston. Would that cause any issues?

@ewillis thank you, it looks like the caliper you posted has 2 pistons inside while mine I believe is OEM and has one piston. Would that cause any issues?

what he posted were front calipers, you need the rears which have only one piston

Oops...should've waited for OPs picture to load. Yes mine are front calipers. Just do what @Onur says...he knows

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom