1993 80 series A/C part name or part Number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know the name and/or part number of this part? It's located on the firewall on the passenger side. The truck is in Belize and the guy working on it called it the evaporator valve, but I don't think that's what it is. I haven't been anything on the parts diagrams that look like it.

IMG_2169.JPG

It the expansion valve.

Ok, he was right. The photos of the expansion valve don't look like that, I take it it's inside that fitting?

Thanks

I guess I'm not exactly right its really just the piping that leads to the expansion valve.
1702660621946.png

What's your problem with the AC?
Two problems, really and the truck is what I drive in Belize where I have no tools to speak of. So, the mechanic said the slow coolant leak was from that fitting on the firewall and needs an expansion valve. The other problem is the blower won't blow on high, which is a difficult to reach relay behind the glove box. The mechanic thinks it's the resistor, so I'll get one of those as well. Parts are hard to get there so I buy them here and take them down. I'd rather buy more than I need and have it overkill down there, so if you think something else is needed I'd appreciate the advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom