Builds 1993 80, BUILD, another "it has begun" for fjbj40! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fixed Center diff actuator, someone must have had the motor in locked position but the collar in the xfer unlocked. Had to remove actuator and reset. All works now
See here Center diff locking

I also pulled apart dash to check make sure light for CDL was good, it was. While in there 🙄 might as well clean up. Lots of dust in ducts so cleaned all that. Center punkolouvers were flopping around. One, small one, pivotal pins broke off. So I had a fibreglass rod, drilled pin and vent side and epoxied together.
Pin breaks because it’s hollow, not anymore :hillbilly:

AA23BE3E-A1C3-4C82-855D-B3388347812D.jpeg

9ED777C8-AB72-41D5-BFBD-F944D631D142.jpeg

43A6E4E1-28EE-49A7-B327-ACC8BFBCBC5D.jpeg

72CA8FD6-91A1-4C05-94DF-8EA5FC9C4302.jpeg

Last edited:
Been awhile!

just replaced my drivers door window motor. It worked but was slow. Before work it would take 5.3 seconds to go up, 3.8 to go down.

used a 2001 corolla rear motor. Also cleaned and freed up one of the guide wheels and lubed all the others. Also cleaned the tracks for the actuator mechanism.

Pulled out the window run and cleaned the inside of the run. It had an extremely large amount of ground in dirt in the surface that the edge of the glass runs on, not the glass surface.

I scrubbed it with hot water and copious amounts of dish soap and used scotchbrite.

Reinstalled all parts, the result? Down in 2.7 seconds, up in 3.8 seconds! I also treated the run with silicone spray lubricant.

As a note, the amount of dirt in the door was quite alarming! I vacuumed it out as to prevent rust.

cheers

I don’t like the hanging low hitches they put on the cruiser. It has to go!

So I’m putting a 2” receiver in the stock rear bumper. I cut some holes in a perfectly good bumper to start😱

As you can see I changed the hole from my original layout. I need to get some 1/4 or 5/16” metal plate bent to continue. Maybe today.

11F2A9CC-12F8-4DD8-B86A-0A7FCC37D274.jpeg

2E962CEE-174F-4421-8F78-4CED96FA496A.jpeg

Let the cutting begin😅

3x4x.250x12” angle for mounting plate
2x2x.250x(TBD) for inside tension support
Class 2 receiver

Time to go get my COVID shot now though.

D2B992B5-E746-455F-BB2C-E5D4D3E205C8.jpeg

You folks done with Covid in Nova Scotia? How’s the engine harness project coming along?

You folks done with Covid in Nova Scotia? How’s the engine harness project coming along?
Unfortunately the third wave hit here bad 3 weeks ago. Been total lockdown since then and will be till the end of next week😳😞.
Only allowed out for essential supplies and I have a medical condition that makes me susceptible so I virtually have not out of the house other than twice since then!

Work is shut down so no access to any equipment. Luckily I have a buddy down the street who is a machinist who helps and will let me use his equipment 😁.

funny you should ask about the harness as I dragged it out of its box last weekend and started getting part numbers off the connectors to do a list. Once connectors are tabulated I will do a wire colour list and then build a loom board to start the process, if costs are reasonable. Heck with Covid it may be difficult to source supplies.
If stuff is reasonable and available I plan on getting enough to make 5 harnesses in the first run. See how those sell and go from there.

Just back from my buddies shop, 2 minute walk down the street.

Used his bandsaw and drill press to get this done.

09696053-A3D4-47D7-A454-ED11A0E7496B.jpeg

Last edited:
Hiding from Covid, or anything for that matter, only drags out the elimination process. Your president is a wimp. Ours is senile.

Our Prime Minister is a pussy and egomaniac. He needs to go, but the sad thing about it is any possible replacement is just as bad😡.
He’s the typical male of the future, absolutely scary!

Hiding from Covid, or anything for that matter, only drags out the elimination process. Your president is a wimp. Ours is senile.
Remember, common sense ain’t so common anymore🙄

Common what???

Looks proper on there! Now to drill holes, make captured nut plates and tack them in and those will be the inner doubler plate also.

9154D1BF-F7A9-463E-91CF-E1889BCF7B9B.jpeg

Good work man...

Ready for a quick flap disc job, in the oven on 500 for 30 mins then weld er up!

010ACBC6-A0C9-4FB6-930F-107705982365.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom