1990 xtra cab lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
sorry not much luck with the search. my nephew got a 1990 xtra cab, and wants to lift it to fit 32" or 33" tires under it. i have only delt with tacomas so any help or info? thanks.

Cranking the t-bars a little isn't bad, mine are cranked 1 1/2 and I didn't notice any difference in ride, the problems come when the CV angle gets too large and you start chewing up your CVs.

I did basicly what he did, I cranked the front about 1 1/2 inches and 3 inch longer than stock shackles on the rear for about 1 1/2 inch lift in the rear.

I removed my inner plastic fenders and pounded the seam down. I only have tire rub at full compression/full turn with 10.5 X 33 BFG MTs. Looks good too! :D

I say get a set of ball joint spacers. www.trdparts4u.com carries them. They are 1 5/8". You can also buy low profile bump stops at places like Pep Boys, Advanced Auto, etc. I recomend to get the "ultra low profile" stops from Downey off-road because they are the thinest.

Depending on the condition of the rear springs, the addition of 2-3" longer shackles should be all that's needed.

After this and longer shocks on the front and rear. Then the torsion bars can be adjusted up and/or the addition of a rear add a leaf.

With such a setup you can clear 33's and gain wheel travel without spending much time and money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom