Bringing my '89 xtra cab 4x4 back to life (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's called a cushion. They are expensive for what they are. I've had the aftermarket ones that come with the cheap pumps and they turn to goo.

I just used hose clamps to secure my pump the last time and ran without the cushion.

I think it prevents noise if the pump contacts the bottom of the tank. Just my guess.

It's called a cushion. They are expensive for what they are. I've had the aftermarket ones that come with the cheap pumps and they turn to goo.

I just used hose clamps to secure my pump the last time and ran without the cushion.

I think it prevents noise if the pump contacts the bottom of the tank. Just my guess.
Yeah I have the one that came with the truck but it looks pretty rough and I thought I would replace it while I was here. Is it a dealership item?

So the cushion allows you to more or less trap the pump in-between the bottom of the hanger and the little piece of hose you attach to the top of the pump I guess?
Ya know they have been putting pumps inside the gas tank for years , but it still goes against everything I was taught for my entire life....shut off the car at the gas pump , don't smoke around it, keep it away from heat sources, NO SPARKS.. etc ... BUT WAIT lets take a motor attach wires to it ...now drop that inside your gas tank....quick put this metal cap on it so its like a pipe bomb...yeah this is a good idea....lol

It's a Toyota part. You can Google the part number and it's available other places than the dealership. But you don't know if it's counterfeit if you get it from other sources.

I think I have the part number in the house. Not there right now though.

I found a DELPHI kit with one included so I'll see how that works out. Finding the fuel sending unit has been a nightmare found one on eBay (not a huge eBay fan) mine seems to have a funky 4 prong plug that is not common. Shipping from Taiwan is more than the part, as this was the 1st year of the new style it appears that they made several changes that they started in 92 and the earlier parts have been discontinued. I hope this trend doesn't continue as I move to different areas of the truck.

Too late now, but a lot of guys here use Partsouq (Middle East) and Amayama (Japan) for OEM parts. Prices are supposed to be good and shipping not bad. I've never used them. IDK if it applies to all Toyota or just Land Cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom