For Sale 1990 Toyota HiLux 4 door 4WD LHD Diesel. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi All,

I was thinking of bringing some 1990 Toyota HiLux 4 door 4X4 LHD to the states. Do any of your guys have any idea of whats the market like and interest in people wanting to buy these trucks. I know they are awesome trucks and being diesel 4x4 they are better then the tacos or tundras in my opinion. I'm a Toyota fan. I have own like 15 Toyotas in the past and most have been 4WD. Your input would be great.

On the side note. Yes I do know this is popular now to sell vehicles from overseas. I have done this many times and I have all the connections. So to do is not an issue, to know is what I like to know. Thank you guys in advance. God Bless.

Desirable vehicles obviously but sellers often ask too much. I've seen nice trucks go unsold because (for some strange reason??) noone wanted to pay $20,000 for a 25 year old pickup with 250,000 Australian (or wherever) miles on it.

I was thinking of LHD miles below 100K, diesel, 4 door, clean. For around $17-18k.
Is that a good price for that condition?

I was thinking of LHD miles below 100K, diesel, 4 door, clean. For around $17-18k.
Is that a good price for that condition?

Below a 100k clean and lhd ,yes those will sell just keep in mind that there is a lot of negativity here towards the 2LT engines in the US.

I had great luck with my 2LT Hilux but took good care of it. I'm pretty sure that they were phasing out the 2LT for 3L's by 1990 especially in the Americas.

The real issue is rust. To get that kind of coin they need to be clean and original. The 1989+ beds got rid of the seam that always rusted in the LN65's/68's but there are still trouble spots in the quarters.

There are a couple nice RHD versions in my neck of the woods that have been for sale for nearly a year at 16-17k.
In short, yes LN85's will be worth bringing in as long as they are in good shape to begin with. Good luck.

Spend that money and diesel swap a US truck.

I put a 1KZ-TE in my 01 Tacoma and I was so, so pleased with the final product.

Unless I’m mistaken, a 1990 should be a 3L. Mine certainly is. No trouble from mine.

I have a lot of personal experience with 2L and 2LT Hilux. The head problem with the 2LT is almost always driver error, maybe thats the reason for the too obvious badge instructions for the turbo.

In my market, when the 2LT were made available in the Hilux Toyota had moved away from the solid axles. The 2L is the local favorite for its dependability and no need to drive fast anywhere locally.

But to offer something to the original question, $20k+ tagged and titled in the USA for a truck described is a fair asking price. In the end, the market will decide the value. Hilux described is a rare bird given these were never for luxury users to leave in the garage but everyday workers that easily amassed kms.

In my opinion, the 2LT Hilux is less desirable than earlier 105s and 65s with the SAS and naturally aspirated 2L. The lines on the 65 and its legendary durability rank it ahead of any other pickup ever made, IMO. I daily a 105 and have owned several 65s.

With or without Air Conditioning makes a difference to many buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom