1989 FJ62… what is this part? (3 of them) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jesus888

SILVER Star
Threads
3 parts…
  • Rubber/Plastic piece… found on the floor, came from somewhere, help me out so I can put it back
  • Plug in the driver kick panel, not sure what it goes to
  • Cooling Fan box in drivers lock panel? Is it related to the fan on the inside of the driver side under the hood? Do I really need it? As well as the fan under the hood? I live in Atlanta..
Cc: @SkeeLo22

2EA3FE21-1AEB-47D6-A5F1-8536EF28574A.jpeg

C6593201-ED6E-4A1C-AFF0-C22406C02D2C.jpeg

3EC5666A-DF9C-42F6-B7AF-14E7D1845906.jpeg

Every land cruiser has a few orphaned plugs. Some models in different countries got different accessories.

The cooling fan relay box turns the cooling fan in the engine compartment on & off. There’s absolutely zero reason to remove it.

Okay... I want to play now.

Can we turn this into an official, "what the heck is this" trivia thread.. I was going to ask a similar question about a couple items found in a parts box in a 60 I recently picked up. TBH, I bet a lot of people will find answers to questions they didn't feel brave enough to ask if the thread progresses. Next post will be my question.

Here's my mystery. Hoping its easy because I'm pretty sure I've seen these before. I'd like to find the home fore these while I'm putting my 60 back together.
rubber1.jpg
rubber.jpg

While standing in your garage, turn to your left and install those carefully on the windshield rests (mounted on the hood) of your late-model FJ40 parked next to your FJ62, and pat yourself on the back for not trying to install them on an FJ62.

;)

egads no idea what the first pic is!
cooling fan - as was said elsewhere - is for the fan in the engine compartment that turns on once in a great while. it's a hold over from when they used the carburated engine. supposedly it still has its use. some folks remove it all, some folks don't.
third pick - i haven't poked my head under there for a while but i too vaguely recall a spare plug like that. it might have to do with optional lighting (like fog lamps) or maybe a hold over for a fj60 feature that didn't make it to the fj62 - sometimes it's just cheaper to keep the wiring loom as is so you're only manufacturing a single version. oddball question - is there a similar style free plug on the passenger's side?

While standing in your garage, turn to your left and install those carefully on the windshield rests (mounted on the hood) of your late-model FJ40 parked next to your FJ62, and pat yourself on the back for not trying to install them on an FJ62.

;)
I would definitely do that if I had a 40. These were found in a box of parts when I purchased a 1984 FJ60. The box included parts for a 40, 60 and 62. There is even a brand new 40 series fuel sending unit and plug repair kit.

Thanks. for the information on what they belong to.

Who else has a random part that needs identifying?

3 parts…
  • Rubber/Plastic piece… found on the floor, came from somewhere, help me out so I can put it back
  • Plug in the driver kick panel, not sure what it goes to
  • Cooling Fan box in drivers lock panel? Is it related to the fan on the inside of the driver side under the hood? Do I really need it? As well as the fan under the hood? I live in Atlanta..
Cc: @SkeeLo22

View attachment 3217769

View attachment 3217770

View attachment 3217771
Hahahaaa I thought I was in my photo app - cause I took same photo this weekend. Read somewhere it was for headlight wiper and washer

587676CF-355C-427A-B340-F5AF5D9A39A4.jpeg

Yup, orphaned plug that was utilized for other options in other markets. I use it to activate accessory relays when the ignition is on. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom