1988 3F LHD A/C Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was driving on a hot day at full blast AC and pop noise heard and AC stopped blowing. Assumed it was the blower motor or resistor.
Took down the whole dash, ordered part # 87138-90K00 for new resistor, checked the blower with 12V and works fine.
Tested electrical on the actual switch part# 84660-90K01 (ordered just in case), seems like I get power into the switch, checked all fuses and they are OK, but cannot get a read to the resistor or blower, so I assume there is a relay of some kind that I can't find.

Disassembled the entire dash looking for a Relay, checked on available electrical diagrams, but no luck.

Need some community help to get the actual electrical manual for a similar FJ70, don't have the legend for the fuse box located on driver side. No other fuse box found elsewhere.

Any advice or experience will be helpful...

Thanks,

JZ

Pics always help

IMG_3686 (1).jpg
IMG_3695.jpg
IMG_3697.jpg
IMG_3748.jpg
IMG_3805.jpg

Photo of fuse box?
Could be a circuit breaker on the fuse panel.

theres a circuit breaker on the top of the fuse panel in the footwell, its round with a little hole in the center,,, stick a little paperclip or similter in the hole and reset it.

Fuse Box

IMG_3826.jpeg
IMG_3826.jpeg

Well well
Believe it or not. Touching that breaker above the fuse panel made a clicking noise and after that current tester starter showing voltage.
All speeds of A/C work now.

Thanks guys, you always come through
Thanks jblueridge and rhino

looks like somebody peeled the top of the breaker off, maybe didnt know about the paper clip in the hole? its just a bi-metal disc, but i'd recommend a new breaker at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom