For Sale 1985 FJ60 - resto-mod V8 conversion - 116,000 miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For sale is my resto-mod, western-sourced, Land Cruiser FJ60. 116,000 low low miles on it. If you have any inclination towards classic SUV’s, this is what you want. A true timeless design, and rock-solid foundation. I engineered this car to last, and have the qualities of a (fast & reliable) daily driver. Get in it and go. I have $25,000 invested over the course of 3 years of work – all done by master mechanics at their shops. No expense spared to make everything right. All the bugs associated with a conversion are worked out – ready to go. I had previously owned an ’86 FJ60 and drove it as my daily driver for 8 years before buying this one. I didn’t want to make this a daily driver and only want 1 car – so I decided to sell and get other toys.

Brand New:

-Crate GM ram jet 350 Fuel-injected engine. 350 hp, 400 tq. + all new associated peripheral engine parts. Perfect for this truck.

-Cold air intake system.

-2.5” exhaust system, quiet as I could make it.

-NV4500 5-speed transmission

-All new brake parts – including master cylinder/etc

-All new suspension system – Old Man Emu 2.5” lift, medium spring.

-Aluminum high-performance radiator – engine-driven cooling fan

The body and interior of the FJ60 is all-original. Includes the roof rack. Key for me was keeping it looking and feeling original, but with modern features. Trust me after driving a carburetor FJ60 for 8 years, the computer-controlled EFI is the way to go. Also unlike the old, the handling and driving feel is light and nimble – downright athletic. However, this vehicle feels bright, open, and airy on the inside unlike any SUV today. It has front heated seats! Take a look online at some of the Land Cruiser restoration shops out there, and get an idea what these are going for that are well-engineered with this engine conversion. Everything works, and works well.

Price $27,000

Serious inquiries only, please.

IMG_4243.JPG

IMG_4244.JPG

IMG_4245.JPG

IMG_4253.JPG

IMG_4264.JPG

Looks great! What year was the conversion done? Is there 116K miles on the new engine or on the body? Does the AC work, etc...?
Is this a Throttle body injection?
Any additional undercarriage and rear interior shots?

Conversion was just done in the last couple years - bugs worked out with about 2,000 miles on the conversion. I had a 4-speed automatic in there first, but didn't like how it drove so I re-converted it to a NV4500 and think it fits the truck better.

Here's a link to the engine I bought from GM new: Ram Jet 350 Small Block Crate Engine | Chevrolet

Everything works.

Here are a few more pics including undercarriage.

IMG_4258.JPG

IMG_4261.JPG

IMG_4262.JPG

IMG_4265.JPG

Thanks for the additional pics. Looks like a really nice rig! If I can get my truck sold I'll PM you.

Awesome. Can / has it passed emissions?

Unsure if it would pass emissions. Clean, computer controlled EFI - however it doesn't have a catalytic converter. I did leave space in the exhaust system to add it later, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom