1985 extra cab Q's

Discussion in '95-older Toyota Truck Tech' started by mitcher, Oct 28, 2005.

1. mitcher

mitcher

question.......

perhaps a stupid one but here goes...

does a 1985 extra cab pickup have rear seats? looks pretty small from outside!

next question.... does anyone have interior pics of one?

last but not least......... could you lift one of them 1 to 2 inches with simply extended shackles.........????? good idea? bad idea?

if not whats the cheapest/best way to get a couple of inches

thanks,
    mitch
    mitchwatson836@hotmail.com

2. KliersLC

KliersLC

No rear seats, just extra space.
    Sorry no pics.
    Never did on mine but I suppose that you could get an inch or maybe 1.5" with the shackles. OTher cheap ways I have seen it done are blocks under the leaves or add a leaf.
    Best way is to order new lift springs so that you can maintain your ride quality.
    Good luck,
    Dan

3. KLF

KLF Frame waxer SILVER Star

There are no seats in the back, just a shelf that's about 8" deep. The shelf was gone from my '87 when I got it, so I made a new one out of some 3/4" plywood, it's a little deeper. Still, not nearly as much room as there is in the later trucks ('89 and up).

You can get an inch in the rear with blocks and longer U-bolts. Don't put blocks in the front, very dangerous on the steering axle. Longer shackes will work, but it will throw off the steering alignment (caster), and the draglink might not reach. Best solution is new springs, and convert to hi-steer.

4. Cattledog

Cattledog

I would opt for a complete kit too. I just bought a 85 ex cab that has a 3 inch lift. As I was replacing the timing chain guides I noticed that the torque rod to frame bracket was completely ripped out of the frame. :mad: If you do lift it -even 2 inches- go with a high steer setup or modify the draglink and the torque rod.

I can email you some high res interior pics if you want. just email me for the wanted shots.

5. tonkota

tonkota

Media:
    Just steer clear of NWOR stuff. I hated everyday with thier springs. Rode like a pogo stick. Plus, the leafs are so thick that it caused the leaf above to bend. Lifetime warranty my ass. They said it was my fault.

6. mitcher

mitcher

thanks guys....... i would like to see the back section as well as the dash.... u can email me at
    mitchwatson836@hotmail.com

also.... where would i source this hi-steer kit

7. redplastic

redplastic

if you want to lift it on the cheap 63" chevy rear springs in the rear and put your rears up front. easy to do www.sky-manufacturing.com makes a chevy swap kit that cost $100 and you can usually get the chevie springs for $50 a set

you can also get a high steer from www.marlincrawler.com www.allprooffroad.com or the above mentioned sky manufacturing

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.