1983 FJ43 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello... Could you please tell me what you think of this renovation of a 1983 FJ43 and what could be a fair market value ? Thanks (sorry for the bad quality, i took screenshots of a video i did)

Screenshot from VID-20211023-WA0002.mp4 - 1.png

Screenshot from VID-20211023-WA0002.mp4 - 3.png

Screenshot from VID-20211023-WA0002.mp4 - 4.png

Screenshot from VID-20211023-WA0002.mp4 - 9.png

Screenshot from VID-20211023-WA0002.mp4 - 15.png

FJ43? Looks FJ40 to me.

How much bondo is used?

aahh, body filler ! why ? seems its badly done ?
Yes, body filler. It’s used to use more than enough in these South American restorations.

Yes, body filler. It’s used to use more than enough in these South American restorations.
haha nice ! indeed its a south american restoration !.... any idea what should be a good price to purchase ?

We see a lot of South American rigs on here that have a ton of problems. Cracked frames, scary electrical and “lipstick on a pig” paint jobs. I personally wouldn’t buy a SA truck without laying eyes on it myself.

I bet it’s that shiny red color thats got you all excited isn’t it? As smooth as those rear fenders look i would suspect bondo over the factory spot welds?
Look, your 4 post in on MUD and want a SA 40 series LandCriuser price recommendation? Is your location Florida USA?
Who is selling it? That would help on pricing. Does it have a USA title? Is it really an ‘83?
Do you want a 43? If so the cleanest and most solid are being sold by @aljollano and @TWatson ( I’m repeating myself)

Is this a renovation or a rendition?

devo

Thanks @devo .
@icetlv I have a 1983 in Austin TX at the body shop getting rust spots fix correctly and painting the whole truck with Beige. It's a 1983, soft top, power steering, front disc brakes and I'm adding a vintage a/c that will also have heater.
IMG_20210930_125317.jpg
IMG_20210715_163653.jpg
IMG_20210812_155916.jpg
IMG_20210930_125256.jpg
IMG_20210930_125305.jpg

I bet it’s that shiny red color thats got you all excited isn’t it? As smooth as those rear fenders look i would suspect bondo over the factory spot welds?
Look, your 4 post in on MUD and want a SA 40 series LandCriuser price recommendation? Is your location Florida USA?
Who is selling it? That would help on pricing. Does it have a USA title? Is it really an ‘83?
Do you want a 43? If so the cleanest and most solid are being sold by @aljollano and @TWatson ( I’m repeating myself)

Is this a renovation or a rendition?

devo
Hello, I have no idea what they did to the car... Yes, i am new here and asking for price recommendation (for being new....)...
I am in Florida, yes, but this car I saw in South America and wanted to compare prices with here. No USA title.
Not sure if renovation or rendition...

Hello, I have no idea what they did to the car... Yes, i am new here and asking for price recommendation (for being new....)...
I am in Florida, yes, but this car I saw in South America and wanted to compare prices with here. No USA title.
Not sure if renovation or rendition...
Too little information, only few too small (resolution) pictures, nobody can’t give you any decent guesses about the right price range.

You should get a lot of more information/pictures what is done and how, how bad is it been before? This might be just one low value ”bondo queen” among others.

Too little information, only few too small (resolution) pictures, nobody can’t give you any decent guesses about the right price range.

You should get a lot of more information/pictures what is done and how, how bad is it been before? This might be just one low value ”bondo queen” among others.
see here a video, hope this can help.... i dont have more info, thanks

video

see here a video, hope this can help.... i dont have more info, thanks

video
I would recommend that you do the homework before you pull the trigger on anything.
The one in the video it is a fj40 and not a fj43.
Find out how much it is going to cost you to bring one from Colombia, not the boat fee only, there is a lot of fees behind the exportation from the Colombian side.

It is good that you are trying to source one from Colombia but I suggest having someone that you trust there and that understands these rigs and so they help you inspect them.

A.J

I would recommend that you do the homework before you pull the trigger on anything.
The one in the video it is a fj40 and not a fj43.
Find out how much it is going to cost you to bring one from Colombia, not the boat fee only, there is a lot of fees behind the exportation from the Colombian side.

It is good that you are trying to source one from Colombia but I suggest having someone that you trust there and that understands these rigs and so they help you inspect them.

A.J
indeed, my bad .. its a FJ40

struggling to find someone trustful..... but i found A LOT of those cars at good prices, different years, different conditions (spend a lot of time in the pueblos)

need an expert !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom