1977 Pig Voltage regulator location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need help in locating my voltage regulator. 1977 pig.. Beginning to believe a PO has removed it. It has a three prong alternator without the internal VR. All systems work, all gauges work, lights, blinkers, etc. Has original dealer installed AC. but other then the AC controls, the wiring appears unmolested except near/at the coil/ignitor. I'm thinking a PO removed the VR for some reason, but logic tells me no because everything works as it should. I started looking for the VR because I have some spare OEM looms with correct wiring color and I wanted to replace a couple three short non OEM wires connected at the coil/ignitor. These non OEM wires come out of the loom, and my next step is to strip back the tape to see what wire color they are attached to. I have a 77 FJ55 wiring diagram. I've read multiple threads on mud trying to figure out what my best next step is. So,
I'm thinking, correct location of where the VR should be by a 77 owner would be a big assist. I'm thinking in the engine compartment, near the coil/ignitor. My loom appears to be original and not butchered up, with the exception of those couple/three wires that are added to what I see attached to my coil and ignitor. And that would make it easy as well.. Too easy to be true...
Ideas? 411?
Thanks

It's in the engine compartment on the driver's side front corner. I don't think it's on the upper fender but maybe just on the front wall; regardless in that corner. Apologies that I can't take a photo as I'm more than a few miles away from my pig.

It's in the engine compartment on the driver's side front corner. I don't think it's on the upper fender but maybe just on the front wall; regardless in that corner. Apologies that I can't take a photo as I'm more than a few miles away from my pig.
Thanks WDM! I must be seeing it and not recognizing it. Unfamiliarity leads to blurred vision.. Grins.. Today is the day. that baby gets located.

Drivers side inner fender. Right behind headlight.
Good morning Bob.. Got the panels, and thanks. Look great .. my PNB is gonna get me fixed up... I'm going to try and post some pics of my 55 asa I learn how to do it on this site.. Thanks again

Good morning Bob.. Got the panels, and thanks. Look great .. my PNB is gonna get me fixed up... I'm going to try and post some pics of my 55 asa I learn how to do it on this site.. Thanks again
Man, it's got to be there....hopefully. I know I must have one and, and I'm thinking I must be looking past it, not recognizing it in plain sight.
I'll get after it this afternoon and advise...

Best photo I have to hand. Hopefully I’m not steering you wrong but I think it’s right under the red circle.

1610631650624.jpeg

Best photo I have to hand. Hopefully I’m not steering you wrong but I think it’s right under the red circle.

View attachment 2552887
Great and thanks for the pic. I like your engine compartment sorting. Interestingly my AC compressor is on the driver's side..
I looked there yesterday but in hindsight was dismissive of the thought of it being there, plus nothing really fit my mind's photo of what it should look like.
Knowing where it should be helps..eases the mental frustration and I havent even found it yet.. grins.

mornin' Bob,
Just got your pics as well... I'm convinced I must be looking right past it, not recognizing it for what it is..
I'll advise this afternoon and thank you !

I was looking right past it. Basically lack of information on my part coupled with the presumption it was located elsewhere.
Exactly where it should be.
I would have been bit had it been a snake,
Thanks for the assist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom