craigslist 1976 FJ40 Milton, Fl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seems too good to be true... $22k

Wow..this truck looks great. Just reached out to the guy. Fingers crossed!

Are there any Florida Men in the area that would be willing to check this out if it's still available? Will provide beer, or whatever your vice may be. :)

Nice, if it was a 75 I'd get it to the West coast asap!

@777Gage Being that this truck would potentially make its way to the west coast, and it is a '76, do you anticipate a lot of problems with smog testing? I'm very new to CA smog regulations.
YES, unfortunately..... Unless it's already been through CARB, which is super unlikely, then it will not pass registration at all.

There was a recent 76 40 for sale that I wanted badly - : Sold - Sweet 1976 FJ40 5-Speed - https://www.lcnation.com/post/sneak-peek-sweet-1976-fj40-5-speed

No way it would pass here in CA, but I was seriously researching my options with out of state relatives for registration.

75 is the golden ticket

Like he said, not a chance you're getting that registered here.

You need a 75
I just bought a 78 and it passed smog the first time. Before jumping to conclusions that it definitely wouldn't pass, I'd reach out to the owner and ask them if the LS swap they did included smog equipment. Many of the newer LS engines have smog equipment on them. I also was trying to stay away from anything newer than a 75, but walked into (I think) a great deal because so many people are worried about smogging a post 75 rig. Always worth a shot to reach out and see.

Appreciate everyone's feedback. I see that the speedo is mph, but I'm checking to make sure this wasn't imported to the US.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I just bought a 78 and it passed smog the first time. Before jumping to conclusions that it definitely wouldn't pass, I'd reach out to the owner and ask them if the LS swap they did included smog equipment. Many of the newer LS engines have smog equipment on them. I also was trying to stay away from anything newer than a 75, but walked into (I think) a great deal because so many people are worried about smogging a post 75 rig. Always worth a shot to reach out and see.
My 78 with the 2F passed smog as well when I bought it, had the owner take it to two different stations, just in case they were trying to sneak it past me.
No jumping to conclusions here, the chances of it passing here in CA are very, very, very slim. So to spend $22k plus shipping to get it to the West Coast, then try and get it to pass emissions??? That is plain irresponsible.

You most likely end up with a super cool piece of $22k driveway art that you can't drive on CA streets, however not my $$.

But it is sold, now you will see it for $40k+ in a few weeks.

im late to the party. I cant see pics since it was taken down. Im guessing it was at least a decent one with all the interest. There are a few flippers in the area who are good at polishing up south american units for reselling.

anyone on here buy it?
This one was actually a US model that had received a GM 5.3L engine. Had some good upgrades as well. Looked like it was done right, and a fair price...if you are a fan of Chevy/GM engine swaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom