1976 FJ40 In Tennessee (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys,

1976 FJ40 in Kingsport, Tenn. (northeast tenn.) All original, 99,700 miles no body work has ever been done on vehicle so it is left for you to finish. The vehicle came out of a Girls Scout Camp around Columbia, South Carolina. Vehicle still has dealership stamp below 4 wheel drive emblem when it was sold new in 1976 in South Carolina. There is no usual Landcruiser cancer on vehicle as the girl scout camp used the vehicle for hay rides and put it in a little shed afterward for storage, I know it is too good to be true but it is true. Mechanically, this is the 3rd FJ40 I have had in the past 17 yrs. and by far the best running, vehicle cruises 60 mph. on highway and does not wonder. Front seats have been redone, rear jump seats need new covers. The vehicle is red and like I said earlier has never been painted or redone. Needs a paintjob if you want it I prefer the original look, and new emblems throughout, hood hooks as the original ones are rusted, and a headliner. Vehicle has never been cutup it still has that original small Landcruiser look if you know what I mean or those that know Landcruisers. I would not hesitate to drive the cruiser anywhere if you enjoy the Landcruiser experience on the highway there is nothing better!! If I ever figure out how to post pictures I will but you can call me at (423) 367-0865 or (423) 246-2672 so guys, there it is for $9,000 obo. If you are within 500 miles or so I will drive it to you as long as you pay expenses for me to get home, I may still do it if you are anywhere as long as you convince my principal at the school I teach at to let me off that long as I would enjoy my last experience with this FJ40.

Thank you,
Michael

Hey guys,

Just letting you know I still have it and mileage update since my original post 99,976, I will flip to 100,000 miles in the next days especially since I have Spring Break at the High School.

Michael

Hey guys,

It was the best feeling I drove her to school today for the start of Spring Break and watched her go from 999999 to 000000 she now has 100,017 miles on her I actually took a picture of all the zeroes hey! hey!

Michael

Greg,

I just checked out the site I really appreciate doing that for me, I wish we would have hooked up a couple of weeks ago and you told me how to post pictures. I am having to e-mail them from a Kodak Easyshare CD. Yeah a good paint job and new emblems throughout and someone would have them a 15,000 to 20,000 dollar cruiser believe me I am still in great debate.

Michael

76 FJ40 in Greater Tenn.,

Hey guys,

I can't do it, every time I get in it, it takes me back when I was about 11 or 12 and first saw the FJ40, I am 34 now, I just cannot sell it. I have had some good offers and of course some other offers, but lads and fellow mud members, I deep down know that I will never find another, not only as solid, but like a wise man once said "it is what is under the hood that counts." So guys I am pulling it off here for sale I will still stay in touch as a mud member and I am still working on mom on the local FJ60 I think she is coming around because yes, she is starting to enjoy the cruisers. I just turned 100,100 miles since my first post and I believe it may be destiny to work on the next 100,000. Until then...

Coach Smelser!!

Check Pm's

are you SURE you don't want to sell it?
it sure looks like a nice start for a newbie like me...

76 FJ40 in Tenn Price Lowered!!

Summer is here and my eyes are on something else, price lowered to $6,800 obo. Overton has posted pictures on post #47.

Thanks,
Michael

76' FJ40 in Tenn

She is heading south to the Sunshine State as we speak. Steve you had better take care of her, until the next Landcruiser, well kids??? Thanks for all the interest!!

Michael

76 FJ40 in Tenn.

Hey,

Overton on post #47 posted pics for me on his site click on his site and they will come up.

Michael

In good hands

Thanks again, Michael. I know how tough it was to part with her, and you know how much this Cruiser means to me.

She's on her way to a Cruiser family, and was made in the same year as the 40 in which my brother and I learned to drive. My brother has a '75 FJ40, and my mom has an '07 FJ Cruiser.

I'll post up pics when she arrives later this week.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom