For Sale 1976 FJ40 frame off restoration with mods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello, it hurts me to do this, but I will have to sell my 76 FJ rig. I thought I'd post it here to see what you all think, as well as get some advice on where the best place to sell it is. It is a frame off restoration with a small block 350 v8 engine, rhino lined inside and out, dual gas tanks, new tires, Old Man emu lift kit, all new seals and gaskets, and painted in Toyota TRD Quicksand. Asking $28,000.
IMG_2447.jpg
IMG_2430.jpg

Significantly over priced for a non conforming vehicle.

What would you consider a fair price?
I was taught to look for original stock vehicles when I was looking to buy. There is nothing wrong with a non conforming vehicle except the expectations of getting the same money as a original stock vehicle. The marketplace will set your price ultimately.

Price seems reasonable to me. I too prefer a white top and bezel. That’s also just my opinion. I would rather have a sbc than a f engine. But that’s also me. Some peeps are going to blast you for the swap saying your Fj40 is basically junk because of it. Not talking about TCEd but I’ve seen some peeps just rip on v8 swaps.

I sold my 72 restoration (mostly) for $22,000 last year. I did not frame off it. It also went to New York from New Mexico. Big stuff is was the rust replaced properly, swap done properly, ect.

You have a 4 speed and ambi doors going for you. Those seem to be more popular.

GLWS

Also add underside photos and photos with magnets in areas that are normally rotted. Seemed to help with easing peeps mind about rust.

Exterior bed lining is a love or hate thing and most don't love it...especially at this price. There are trucks that sell for more because they look good (appropriate, original, etc.) and then those that sell for less because of their look...even if condition and mechanicals are equal.

When building a truck you have to go in aware and ok with either 1) doing it the way you individually want and then not realizing the same return or 2) building it to what reaps the highest return.

I think your truck will fall into the first scenario above. Folks may say the price is too high, but you'll only know for sure when/if it doesn't sell for what you're asking.

Thanks guys, this will help me price the truck better. The frame and body are immaculate inside and out. I guess I'll wait and see whether or not people appreciate the lining or not. Personally I think it's great. You can just pressure wash the rig after a day of adventuring.

It’s hard to tell but is the bottom of the quarter panels and rocker panels painted a lighter color than the rest of the body

Nice 40!! I approve of this bezel orientation!

It’s hard to tell but is the bottom of the quarter panels and rocker panels painted a lighter color than the rest of the body

It looks like that line from the wheel well down have been rhino lined...along with front fenders, hood and cab top.

GLWS

looks nice, the big money on these is for the good original metal ones or restored with documents of work ie pics before paint

this one does look cool and nice and if put together as nicely as pics look to someone it is worth 28K

using bedliner type products has been done by people to cheaply cover up rust and make a vehicle with problems look nicer, got pics of it before bedliner then to a more educated buyer that helps show its not rust holes under. This truck pictured has bedliner over the outside areas where rust is so common its guaranteed to be there unless the truck lived an easy life. in cali a poorly done 350 swap 40 is probably going to fetch 10k since common out there, this one is clean from the pics i see it looks respectable and keeps the classic 40 look

ive seen ones with similar motor swaps but done poorly with 30- 40k obo in the window locally, they sit a long long long time and pop up on craigslist and eventually change hands a few times. for your part of the country i see alot of "restored" 40s pop up from south america entering the country making buyers more skeptical of them from that area so you may want to make note you are not an importer or business

it looks nice I would start at your price of 28, it only goes down

flip that bezel

Nice 40!! I approve of this bezel orientation!

It looks like that line from the wheel well down have been rhino lined...along with front fenders, hood and cab top.

GLWS

Good eye I just needed to zoom in closer

GLWS there are lots of mods that will effect who will want your rig but maybe the right buyer will come along.

I don't know what a good price would be, but vehicles commanding high prices are all in the details:
lack of heater
rear fender flare holes not repaired
a square headed bolt in the bumper gusset
lack of rollbar pads
brake master low on fluid

It's a nice looking rig.

GLWTS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom