1976 2F carb question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have a 76 where the carb has the return fuel line. I have now desmogged the truck and the carb needs rebuilt. I have one of the good CityRacer carbs I can put on the truck. I/we assume that the return line can just be plugged?

CityRacer carb only has the fuel line in.

I know, Sniper, but want to use what I have right now. Thanks.

Marc

Early models and later don’t have. I think the fuel pumps are different for those years so maybe those years push more fuel?

Early models and later don’t have. I think the fuel pumps are different for those years so maybe those years push more fuel?
You could be right. If the fuel pump has no return line port it might be ok.
If it doesn't work and floods everywhere you can always get a pump with a r/l port and re-plumb it.
Failing that, A t-piece in the fuel line connected to the return line is an option. Done that before. Not ideal but got me out of a bind before.

** Might have to restrict the flow with the t-piece. A small hose clamp around the rubber fuel hose going to the return line. Tighten it up and squish the pipe until the carb fills up . Bit macguiverish I know, but Sometimes you just wanna test a new toy.

Last edited:
This line goes straight back to the tank

Ah, maybe @HemiAlex has the solution. Run a 60 series fuel pump with return. Then I can use CR carb. Cheaper option!

I just installed the same carb this week. Plugged return line near the distributor with this. Plug Hose Barb 5/16" Stainless Steel.
then removed the hard line to the carb.
truck runs great. One tip, the spacer for the air filter assembly is a little fragile. Don’t over tighten when reinstalling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom