2f carb question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hoping someone can help. This carburetor was on my 2F 40. Is it correct because I don’t see a spot to add the stud bolt.

BDC0D507-B798-4579-8E01-71DE11D761F8.jpeg

Hoping someone can help. This carburetor was on my 2F 40. Is it correct because I don’t see a spot to add the stud bolt.

View attachment 3384710

i have a needed question

bwe acurate here

more tech details are better the less

lotx lotz more pics too
is this a 2F engine

or a F1.5 with a 2F on it ?

Thanks! Any recommendations to plug the hole since there is no stud bolt?

that air cleaner will not work with that carb
either get an earlier air cleaner or a later carb

Thanks! Any recommendations to plug the hole since there is no stud bolt

i think the correct thing here is to advise you professionally here , with positive intentions only of course ...

- the air box is from a 1/75 - 1990 Land Cruiser engine ,

- the carb without the stud is 12//74 and older

- this making it work scenario is way too far apart , the carb requires a clamping old skool set up

the air box later stud equipped carb later carb

- you CAN'T force feed this topic , this is how it is , the CARBS have diffweet OD sizes too

- find a F1.5 air box assy , and do it right too , Jerry Rigging Your Land Cruiser is a CRIME !

- please do not be a criminal PO ........

thanks

matt

(.12) - Copy.jpg

The scale appears to tip towards replacing the carburetor. It looks like you have a 2F insulator on top of a 2F intake. So unless your pedal linkage has been compromised, it should be a happier, easier fit than adapting an F engine air cleaner, with the attendant risk of breaching the head gasket to mount it.

The scale appears to tip towards replacing the carburetor. It looks like you have a 2F insulator on top of a 2F intake. So unless your pedal linkage has been compromised, it should be a happier, easier fit than adapting an F engine air cleaner, with the attendant risk of breaching the head gasket to mount it.
Thanks all. Would CCOT be the best place to get one?

Huh? I didn’t even know that they sold carburetors.

I on the other hand do. Lots of them . And I rebuild even more. Give me a jingle after the 7th and we’ll sort this out.

www.marksoffroad.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom