For Sale 1973 FJ40, for sale in Texas. Sending to get inspected! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Hi!! I'm retiring from the military and looking for a "present" to myself. Found this rig. I'm NOT a gear head and completely new to the FJ world. Can you guy's/gal's lend me your expert eye and see what you think?

1611808595848.png
1611808618080.png

1611808641218.png

1611808677669.png

1611808700668.png

If your budget is $30,000 I think you can wait and get something better for the money, easily. Take a look in the forum for others for sale, if something is $20,000 just think what $10,000 in work might do for you. Just stay away from rusty tubs.

Many people think that later models are more desirable. 2F engine, front disc brakes, optional power steering, OEM roll bars, 4-speeds, ambulance doors, etc.

This looks like a nice 73. She's missing the reflectors and rear step in back. Appears to have a Weber carb. Not as pretty under the hood as the rest of her. The wheels are not OEM except the spare. You have a couple bonus holes where someone bolted up the LED light bar. "35,103 miles on the odometer" means just that, not necessarily 35,103 miles on the truck. Dash pad was upholstered vs. replacing with new. Headliner is not correct. Shifters look a little wonky.
Everything a deal at the right price! I'm guessing they would give a lower number serious consideration. There's a lot to choose from out there.

DSC_0002 2.JPG

As stated above. Go for a later model years and be sure to get a US spec FJ40. Not one from South America. I would look at 76 thru 80. All will have 2F motor, 4 spd, disc brakes and some could have PS. Same would apply to one with Drivetrain mods..etc. Small Block conversions are common and really nice if done right and with a 4 or 5 spd trans. Also as stated for that price range you should be able to get a nice one.
Good Hunting......

See if they will email or text you higher resolution photos. Those are crappy on their website. Ask about some underside pics too.

Top electrical grommet and brake line looks as if someone just dusted the firewall with paint.

This one has been for sale for more than 6+ months. Better deals out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom