Wanted 1971 FJ40 Bumperettes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FishNinJay

SILVER Star
Threads
Bumperettes (Left and Right) for my '71 FJ40.

Please email or PM with price and shipping to zip 90242.
Much thanks!
-Jay
aka "PeeDoc"
tri2thrive(AT)gmail(DOT)com

anyone local to OC/LA would be great!!

Just sent a pair home with Steve from Fullerton on Thursday. I assumed they were for you.:hmm:

Just sent a pair home with Steve from Fullerton on Thursday. I assumed they were for you.:hmm:

Sorry.. who's Steve?

Do you have any more floating around? Don't make me buy those CCOT replicas!! :crybaby:

Yes. Just seeing if there are any available for cheap that I can rehab and install. If not, I'll go with the OEM or CCOTs. Thanks.. :beer:

Yes. Just seeing if there are any available for cheap that I can rehab and install. If not, I'll go with the OEM or CCOTs. Thanks.. :beer:

Cheap rehab I can find.;)

Trade for a bottle of Captain Morgan?:hillbilly:

The bumperettes are now at the shop.;)

When do you want to come by?

The bumperettes are now at the shop.;)

When do you want to come by?

Most excellent!!
Price? (or were you serious about the Cap'n Morgan? :cheers: )

By chance.. do you have tail light assembly for a 1971?
Like this..
coolfj40_2161_22638043

'cept my frame might be a 1966.. shouldn't matter right? The holes look like they'd line up with this later-year bracket? Here's my rear..
929704044_ByT49-M.jpg

I might be able to come up tomorrow, Wednesday, like around 12:30pm. How does that work for you? Address? Let me know if tomorrow mid-day works for you. I'm in Orange County now, and the rest of the week is looking kind of unlikely.

Thanks.. :beer:
-Jay
arcallc(AT)gmail(dot)com

ps... I'm taking off this big-ass custom bumper, along with the Heep tail lights. I want to go to more of a stock look. Those bumper bolts aren't budging! :wrench: I just sprayed them with PB. :bang:

Most excellent!!
Price? (or were you serious about the Cap'n Morgan? :cheers: )

By chance.. do you have tail light assembly for a 1971?
Like this..
coolfj40_2161_22638043

'cept my frame might be a 1966.. shouldn't matter right? The holes look like they'd line up with this later-year bracket? Here's my rear..
929704044_ByT49-M.jpg

I might be able to come up tomorrow, Wednesday, like around 12:30pm. How does that work for you? Address? Let me know if tomorrow mid-day works for you. I'm in Orange County now, and the rest of the week is looking kind of unlikely.

Thanks.. :beer:
-Jay
arcallc(AT)gmail(dot)com

ps... I'm taking off this big-ass custom bumper, along with the Heep tail lights. I want to go to more of a stock look. Those bumper bolts aren't budging! :wrench: I just sprayed them with PB. :bang:

1.All my contact info is linked in that big banner ad below my sig line, including my address.;)

2. Taillights in stock.

3. I'll be there by 1:00 pm.

4. Yes, I am serious about the Cptn Morgan.:cheers:

coolfj40_2161_22638043

929704044_ByT49-M.jpg

If that is a 66 frame you have to drill at least one of the holes. You will notice the two holes on bracket are offset from each other. Up until early in the 69 model the hole were in line. Also the stock location of the bumperettes is different. Up until the 68 model the bumperettes were next to the tail lights then with the 68 model reflectors were added next to the tail lights and the bumperettes moved in. That curve in the bracket looks like it is design to wrap around the reflector. I believe the earlier tail light bracket on for the tail lights bolted to the inside of the rear crossmember on the earlier style. Then the next style bolted to the outside. Nothing major to over come but there is a difference:cheers:

If that is a 66 frame you have to drill at least one of the holes. You will notice the two holes on bracket are offset from each other. Up until early in the 69 model the hole were in line. Also the stock location of the bumperettes is different. Up until the 68 model the bumperettes were next to the tail lights then with the 68 model reflectors were added next to the tail lights and the bumperettes moved in. That curve in the bracket looks like it is design to wrap around the reflector. I believe the earlier tail light bracket on for the tail lights bolted to the inside of the rear crossmember on the earlier style. Then the next style bolted to the outside. Nothing major to over come but there is a difference:cheers:

yep.. stopped by Mark's Off-Road.. what a blast! I could have spent all afternoon there!

Yes, my frame is earlier year, as it turns out, so is the tub. So, the later year round tails won't fit because they won't clear the tub. The curve would have to be cut back. And, as you both mentioned, the later year bracket has offset mount holes. Mine are straight vertical. As luck would have it.. Mark has a whole batch of custom laser cut brackets for these earlier year tail lights. So, he hooked me up with a complete set!! :bounce2: Now, all I need to do is figure out how to loosen these 12 frozen bolts and get the bumper and Heep lights off. :bang:

BTW.. I still need BUMPerettes, in case anyone in LA/OC, CA have them, or willing to sell and ship for cheap?! :hmm:

yep.. stopped by Mark's Off-Road.. what a blast! I could have spent all afternoon there!

Yes, my frame is earlier year, as it turns out, so is the tub. So, the later year round tails won't fit because they won't clear the tub. The curve would have to be cut back. And, as you both mentioned, the later year bracket has offset mount holes. Mine are straight vertical. As luck would have it.. Mark has a whole batch of custom laser cut brackets for these earlier year tail lights. So, he hooked me up with a complete set!! :bounce2: Now, all I need to do is figure out how to loosen these 12 frozen bolts and get the bumper and Heep lights off. :bang:

BTW.. I still need BUMPerettes, in case anyone in LA/OC, CA have them, or willing to sell and ship for cheap?! :hmm:

Just redrill and flip them like I did :p As far as the bumper goes, cut'em, torch'em or get some PB Blaster and work them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom