SOLD WTB Original Drivers Seat for 1969 1970 1971 FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
WTB Original Drivers Seat for 1969 1970 1971 FJ40. I have a 1970 and only have a few parts. I have 2 rails, bottom bracket that sits on the tool box, the the bottom seat frame. I am looking for a bargain in any condition. Would be great if I could find someone close to Kansas City. Thanks....

I have these that need upholstering. Unfortunately for theyre in Los Angeles so shipping could get expensive. 818-900-8321

IMG_1996.jpeg

What year is it? Is the drivers seat original? Does it sit on the toolbox? How much would you sell the drivers seat with its hardware for? Thanks...

Still looking for original drivers seat. I found a few parts stashed in a box I forgot about, so I only need the bottom and back seats with cushion springs. I have the bottom frame that sits on the tool box and the plate that sits on that including the rails.

WTB Original Drivers Seat for 1969 1970 1971 FJ40. I have a 1970

70 model had two versions of driver's seat. The early one that's in my 10/69 (70 model) uses a plastic Tee handle you pull to flip the back forward. 11/69 switched a lever you moved forward to release the back. You most likely need 11/69-9/72. The 9/67-11/69 would work but the early style Tee handle breaks and is hard to operate.

That is a very good point Paul. 👍🏻

70 model had two versions of driver's seat. The early one that's in my 10/69 (70 model) uses a plastic Tee handle you pull to flip the back forward. 11/69 switched a lever you moved forward to release the back. You most likely need 11/69-9/72. The 9/67-11/69 would work but the early style Tee handle breaks and is hard to operate.
Thank you for that information.

Not sure but it is same as a 1970.

Not seeing a latch on the outside but those holes for headrest I seeing started 10/69 in the JDM. I have some 71 seats with the passenger split back. I can feel the holes for the headrest.

I would interest in the distance from the inside on one hole to the far side of the other hole to figure center to center on headrests. I show the JDM headrest the same 10/69-1/79. That a bench seat and think it wider than our 9/72-1/79 buckets. Would nice if they were the same but I doubt it.

Not seeing a latch on the outside but those holes for headrest I seeing started 10/69 in the JDM. I have some 71 seats with the passenger split back. I can feel the holes for the headrest.

I would interest in the distance from the inside on one hole to the far side of the other hole to figure center to center on headrests. I show the JDM headrest the same 10/69-1/79. That a bench seat and think it wider than our 9/72-1/79 buckets. Would nice if they were the same but I doubt it.
My biggest concern in what I buy is that my 1970 FJ40 came with reupholster covers for the front seats and I did the passenger bench seat and it fit perfectly. I need the bucket seat covers to fit on the seat that I buy so everything matches. Do you know the year range of the bucket seats (minus tool box frame, etc...seat only) that should match to reupholster covers for a 1970? If I buy a raw frame as shown hyhpe I have the rest of the parts to make it work but if the raw frame doesn't fit my covers I just wasted a bunch of time and money...have a lot of time but little money. I have another guy who has a seat from 1965 and it is pretty complete but not sure of fitment. Thanks for your help.

I have an early seat if you’re interested. I measured it compared to the front seat I installed in my 1969 and all of the dimensions come out the same (back plates, screw placements, etc). Here’s a few pics of the seat and screw placement measurements.
IMG_8652.jpeg
IMG_8648.jpeg
IMG_8651.jpeg
IMG_8655.jpeg
IMG_8656.jpeg

I have an early seat if you’re interested. I measured it compared to the front seat I installed in my 1969 and all of the dimensions come out the same (back plates, screw placements, etc). Here’s a few pics of the seat and screw placement measurements.
View attachment 3597025View attachment 3597026View attachment 3597027View attachment 3597028View attachment 3597029
Another gentleman that was working on a deal with me came through. If things don't work out I will check back in to see if you still have it. Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom