For Sale 1969 FJ40 - Redondo Beach, CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series

Show up at his place at your own risk! šŸ˜œ

58314996-861E-43A3-A284-434FB8481DB8.jpeg

LOL I kept looking at the FJ thinking .. now what, why, wth? I'm a fan of that sea foam green more and more

I wouldnā€™t pay 15k for that
I'm still looking for a nice patina rig for restoration, this one is pretty close and for 15k I'd take a look for sure

I'm still looking for a nice patina rig for restoration, this one is pretty close and for 15k I'd take a look for sure
he is not moving off $37K :rofl:

I guess Leroy Brown = 7schulz (MUD member)

Last edited:
Actually, I posted an Ad in Redondo Beach to try and find the original owner since that is where I was told it originally came from and the key tag that came with it was from a shop in Redondo Beach. I was looking for some early life pictures, info, etc. It kept getting flagged for not having something for sale.
I do have it listed in Indianapolis. It has come a very long way from when I got it. Iā€™m not Leroy, donā€™t know what that is about. Appears the ad is gone also...
Either way the price is what it would take to buy it. Iā€™m not finding another original rust free, SoCal cruiser in Spring Green for sale anywhere in the country... BAT will tell us all what itā€™s worth when Iā€™m finished putting all the original parts back together on it.

466FE641-5981-4F82-8C52-580CB110DE65.jpeg

Last edited:
I also fitted up the original FST doors this weekend. It took a monumental amount of effort to find those. For those that looked at this in Mammoth, you know none of these parts, doors or bows, came with this rig. Finding original spring green FST hinges, practically unobtanium, like the Vader light and the eyelets for the door straps.

Last edited:
Hereā€™s the real link.
LOL, this took on a life of its own. Maybe the original owner was bad, bad Leroy Brown, and he was coming back for his old ride.

Facebook Marketplace is full of sooo many strange ads..... Iā€™ve come across sooo many people trying to sell things, that donā€™t really seem to be interested in actually selling them.

Iā€™d love to catch up with the original owner, this probably has a great story behind it. Iā€™m told the original family took it up to Big Bear to use at their ranch/cabin. My goal all along was to put this back to as close to original and preserve the history of it with all of its character. So many of these either rust out or are ā€œrestoredā€ questionably I would add. This has uncut rear fender lips, original steps with trim ring, all the metal is as solid as the day it rolled off the assembly line in July of 69, original Vader light. Everyone is amazed at its condition. Itā€™s a time capsule and everyone in the local Indiana LC club thinks itā€™s listed too low and they are the ones who have seen this running/driving in person.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom