1967 Toyota STOUT Pick-up. Value? Things to know? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
1967 Toyota STOUT Pick-up. FJ25 hub caps? Tool box?? Cool!

I put my card on a Toyota stout about 4 months ago. It was the first one I have ever seen in person and near mint condition. Owner called me this afternoon and told me he would like to sell it after the cost of service he just had was not to his liking.

Bought new in 1967 and spent life in Southern Oregon till 2001 when grandpa past. Grandson picked it up over the past holidays and had the tank flushed, carb rebuilt and all the brakes gone through. He said it would not start and the brakes were not safe after sitting for years. 61k original miles, White in color, 4-speed on the colum :censor: that gotta suck! and its a 1 ton? Original am radio and all works he says....................

Who has one?

Cross over parts?

tail lights look like FJ45.

Thanks.

Here is a pic of the net.
1967ToyotaStout.jpg

Last edited:
i have had one of things come into my shop.
i really like em, cuz they are a classic toyota.
but there are a few designs about it i dont like.

4 wheel cylinders per axle. in your case probly will need replaced. gets expensive.

off center pull cables in the cab.

the window hole steering wheel position dont contour to me, like my '80 truck does.

what is unique is the vent picks up air on the front of the hood, and channels it all the way back.
so the cowl is solid. weird, but cool.

Landpimp was looking at a red one a while back. Don't remember if he bought it tho. Kinda think he didn't.

I heard that Luke Porter of 4x4 labs bought one last year and was building up a off road rig out of it. Haven't heard anything about it for a while.

I bought one about 10 years ago contemplating a trailer for my rigs with the cool tailgate. I couldn't bring myself to cut it though because it was soooooooo cool, complete and retro.

It came to me with a cracked exhaust, which is apparantly one of its most common failings. I never did end up finding one. Ended up selling the truck to a Stout enthusiast who already had 3 of them. It was a clean body, rust free, ran steered and braked OK and I let it go for $750, which was about all it seemed to be worth at the time.

Hth

Mark

The bed might be worth the price if it'll fit an FJ45 frame.

Those were pretty rudimentary. They rode rough, especially if it's got a 1 ton rating (though I'm thinking that the first 1-ton was a few years later and a different body style). Very little soundproofing or insulation so panels vibrate and drum as you go along - a kind of Koto and Flute symphony of sound.
Probably has an early incarnation of the 20R engine (18R ?), same great series as 22R.

Nothing wrong with a four speed column shift if all the rods, bellcranks, and joints are tight.

about $1000 tops for a stout, if running and rot free.............but it must have have one part to make it worth that...............but I can not tell you what that is......its top secret :)

there are 1/2 dozen in town, my freind has one that was his fathers, its a 66 with 60K on it.

beds are not the same as a 45, taillights are.

parts pretty slim, guy at Cabe Toyota.......I forget his name is the Stout Guru and has found my freind some parts(like wheel cylinders)

I think the door or window cranks are fj45LV parts or very close
36256138.jpg

They are relatively common here in Central America though I have not seen that EXACT front clip yet.

I looked at it again today.........He wants several thousand for it and I cant justify it now. So I offerd him a solid amount and I shall see what happens this week.

52k original miles.

Here are some cool pics. Dirt on hood (not damage)

He did not know the seat came up!:doh:
Stout 001.jpg
Stout 003.jpg
Stout 002.jpg

Last edited:
Unknown why is has a door on the pass side of the bed???

Radio works!

Look at those hub caps? FJ25?

And the tool box!!
Stout 004.jpg
Stout 005.jpg
Stout 006.jpg

Landpimp said:
about $1000 tops for a stout, if running and rot free.............but it must have have one part to make it worth that...............but I can not tell you what that is......its top secret :)

Is it in the pictures I just posted?

Just a few tools OE, but not a set........................But it sits snug and a clip holds it in place.

4 speed on the column?

I think these are super cool. They look to share a bunch more stuff with the Cruiser than the Hilux. Spring pins and shackles look similar to Cruiser. Four on the tree is also way cool. I have a fantasy about shoehorning a twin turbo Supra motor into one and making a hot rod out of it.

mbingham@cabetoyota.com has wheel cylinders and some other jive (and a few parts trucks).

$2,500 I think is tops for most, and really a ? at that. Most Bingham has bought were under $500.

hub caps are a plus, tool box a plus, a few other items but not $1,000 worth...

..and shane, your check's not here yet

There was one of these for sale in NewWestminster BC a year or so ago..it had been in www.buysell.com.
I never did go look at it, but was extremely curious nonetheless. *I think* it was going for $1600...about a '67 if memory serves.

The fuel pumpand carb look like FJ25, the 4 wheel drum brakes do not excite me at all!

The bed was sprayed with a boat like grey caoting years ago but no holes!!

Original headlights as well.....

Headliner looks just like a 40 and it only has one visor.

rick_d said:
..and shane, your check's not here yet

Still on the window sill at home!!!! Will go out tonight!

No paypal makes me super lazy...........Sorry dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom