For Sale 1964 FJ45LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$15,000

I am selling my FJ45LV to pay for my wedding! If that isn't a good reason to sell a car, I don't know what is :) The price is about half what this truck is worth once you get her back on the road. I love Land Cruisers but I love her more ;)

DSC_8003.jpg

Pics!

1964 FJ45LV

Here is a video of the truck -

This vehicle is sold as is. If you want any pictures or additional information, please let me know. Currently located in Denver, Colorado. Feel free to come by and inspect the truck in person. I can be reached at 720 635 9198 or treeroot@gmail.com

Here is the IH8MUD build thread: Wilma's Buildup thread - FJ45LV

The good:
Extremely rare
350 crate motor (installed with 3,000 miles on it)
FJ60 4 speed and split case
Power Steering
Custom 24 gallon fuel cell
Vintage Air installed
EZ Wiring harness
Rear disc brakes
Front disc brakes
FJ62 rear axle
Reproduction floors
Bob Firestine front cross member
Custom rear bumper holds spare and Jerry cans
Custom sliders
Viair onboard air compressor with tank
An FL45LV, the same make and model, sold at the 2015 Mecum auction for $198,000 - 1967 Toyota FJ-45LV Land Cruiser | S88 | Monterey 2015 | Mecum Auctions
These are highly sought after and maintain exceptional resale due to their rarity.
Only 1,500 were ever imported to North America
Cover of Toyota Trails Jan/Feb 2010 - TOYOTA TRAILS | TLCA
jf10cover.jpg

The bad:
No title. I will provide the body vin tag that matches the frame and a bill of sale. I have a copy of the vin inspection from the state of Colorado I will also include. The frame has been straightened after being hit on the passenger front. The exhaust has been pinched under the motor and needs repaired. The floor pan is rust free but will also need to be re-welded along the door sills to be structurally sound. I tried to document the damage in the pictures. All doors open and close; however, the passenger side will need additional work to square up the door frames. Feel free to ask me for any additional pictures and you are welcome to come inspect the vehicle in person.

The front floorpan has been repaired using a complete reproduction from the rear seats forward. As these pans are no longer being reproduced, this is a highly sought after repair. Hell, buy the truck for this alone!

lv 45 floor 6.JPG

A little but of Land Cruiser History:

The Toyota Land Cruiser started out in January 1951 as the Toyota Jeep BJ. In September of 1955, the 20-series was created. There were ten variations available between the FJ20 to the FJ29. The FJ25 was the primary model sold to North America. It was the FJ25 that evolved into the FJ40 model we see today. The FJ40 and other models were built by Arakawa Bankin Kogyo, now ARACO Co., Ltd.

In 1956 a van body known as the FJ28v was introduced and the wheelbase was extended from 2,285mm (90.0in) to 2,430mm (95.8in). Toyota started the wagon series with a 2-door and a 4-door configuration, both were known as the FJ28va/FJ28lva. Between 1956 and 1960, 1,250 FJ28va and lva were produced. They were never exported to the North American market.

It was in 1954 when Gifu Body Co., Ltd. started working with Toyota motor sales. In 1960, Gifu Body produced the bodies for the wagons instead of Arakawa Bankin Kogyo. Gifu was responsible for the FJ45lv and possibly the FJ45v and earlier models starting in 1960. Manufacture of the wagon bodies by Gifu ended in 1967 when the FJ55 was taken over by ARACO. Gifu is still producing truck bodies today including the Mega Cruiser.

In September of 1960 the FJ35v and FJ35lv were created. This model looked a lot like the FJ45 wagons we know today but with one major exception. The front bib was exactly like the FJ25. Production of the FJ35 stopped in November of 1960 with only 60 produced. On a side note, the grill on this truck was made to look like an FJ35lv. You can mount a standard Land Cruiser bezel and put this one back to stock if desired.

There was an FJ43v produced from 1961 to 1963 and I have only seen one picture of it. The FJ43v was never sold in North America. The FJ43v was a 2-door version of the FJ45 wagon. The FJ43v has the same wheelbase as the FJ28v at 2,430mm (95.8in). I don't have any production numbers for this model.

At some point, the FJ45 wagons shared parts with the Toyopet Crown Wagon. These were produced from 1958 to 1964. The tailgate latch has a small metal cover held on by two screws. Under the cover is the Toypet name. The only difference is the Toyopet latch does not have the holes drilled for the cover plate. Another similar part is the taillights. Although the taillights have the same shape as the dimpled (cat eye) lenses found on 1963-64 FJ45 wagons, the mounting is different. The lens is attached to the light housing from the rear and the whole assembly is bolted to the car from behind.

The FJ45v and FJ45lv was produced from 1960 to 1967. The front end looks like an FJ40 but from the firewall back, the body is completely different. This is the most common 4-door wagon aside from the FJ55 and later models. The FJ45lv was sold in North America from 1963 to 1967.

I have only found two sources for the actual production numbers. Rick Donnelly reported that the total number of pre 1968 [FJ45] frames came in at 20,000 plus These frames ran from 10,001 to 29,000 plus. This number includes all pickup and wagon models worldwide. According to Rick, the North American population of 45 wagons included the earliest, a 1963 at 14,088 sold by TLC, and the last, a 1967 owned by Don Roht at 29,964.

The second source was published on Koji Komoto's website, www3.telus.net/fj45lv. His site shows the FJ45v and FJ45lv was produced from December 1960 to January 1967. The total number of 45v and 45lv models was 5,080 with about 1,500 exported to North America.

In 1967, the 45lv was replaced by the FJ55. The FJ55 4-door wagons is the only Land Cruiser respectfully known as the "Iron Pig". Some documentation shows the 55 being manufactured in 1967 but most report the sales between 1968 and 1980. The total number of "pigs" produced was 113,000.

There are a lot of great sites on the internet for Land Cruiser history as well as a few great books. When it comes to the FJ45v and FJ45lv, most of the information is rather vague. The information has been pieced together and, for now, is as accurate as possible.

Last edited:
Love the color scheme. As a fellow Coloradan I’m wondering have you been able to register and drive this puppy on the road without a title? If not, did you ever try bonding for title and get anywhere with that? I’ve heard it can take awhile...do you know which state it was last registered in and if there is a previous owner of record who could be contacted? Sorry for all the title questions & sorry if any answers to these questions are mentioned somewhere else — I skimmed through the build thread just briefly and saw it’s 13+ years old ( hoping you've registered it at some point ) ....and 40+ pages of reading...

Thanks!

Last edited:
Man, I’d choose my wife over a cruiser every day of the week too. However, in your situation I would for sure just pull a loan. I sold my FJ40 to pay for my last year of college so I could be debt free. The debt would’ve been worth it.

Congrats on the marriage and I agree with everyone, keep that truck.
Pete S.

We had our(its mine...haha) 45LV at our wedding and took off in it afterwards.

Still have them both....but the 45 has gone up in value...;)

I have a 1964 frame, with a clear title, if anyone is interested. $1,500 by itself or $16,000 if you are interested in both the FJ45LV and the frame. I’ll throw in a set of tail light lenses too.
B3A84760-0741-4911-A254-ED97D1E22898.jpeg

I'd love the frame. but shipping from Colorado to Vermont or Vermont area is probably cost prohibitive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom