1960 DOA FJ25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow what an awesome find. Congratulations. I love the way it looks just as it is.

Has anyone found brake line and clutch line threaded fittings for FJ25s?

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 6.46.04 AM.png

I got a Eastwood brake line flaring tool for Christmas, so decided to finally use it. Started by making a new clutch line.

I have also been looking for something to replace the heat shield on the hard brake and clutch lines that run behind the engine.

I found this heat resistant wire sleeve. Worked out pretty good, the sleeve would fray at the end when i cut it, so I put crazy glue at the end to keep the material together.

IMG_8041.jpeg
IMG_8039.jpeg
IMG_8040.jpeg
IMG_8042.jpeg
IMG_8043.jpeg

I have one FJ25 bottom flywheel cover for my 59 FST, but need one for the hard top. So i made one out of a FJ40 three speed cover.

The FJ40 one is shorter top to bottom, and longer front to back. I made it shorter front to back first, I had to trim about a 1/2" off, also had to relocate mounting holes on the rear part of cover. Then after trying it on i realized that it cleared the flywheel and didn't need to be made taller.

Still need to finish it but it works, im assuming that most of these are missing, so i hope this will help out if someone needs one.

IMG_8073.jpeg
IMG_8077.jpeg
IMG_8081.jpeg
IMG_8084.jpeg
63470712372__7F4387AB-4CAC-49CB-9292-24B99AAF4E3E.jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone found a source for the inner axel bushing besides SOR? I ordered some from SOR and the don't fit, its possible they were packaged wrong, i need to give them a call to figure it out. But was just checking for another option.
Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 6.34.01 AM.png

Antony this is what I have. They fit perfectly on a NOS outer axle
BE83EFC0-A279-4125-AF30-78819BDA7644.jpeg
3C2B29CB-4D7C-46D3-B15F-6B9ED8DCA27A.jpeg

Upon further investigation, these are both right side bushings.

Last edited:
Thoes look better than what i have. My original doesn't have a L or R on it just like yours. The other one pictured is the one from SOR that says 58 to 67. Hopefully they just put wrong bushing in the bag. Ill take them if they are for sale.
IMG_8134.jpeg
IMG_8133.jpeg

oops, just saw your second reply. My left side is leaking, but i might still take one of those. Sending a PM

I got a Eastwood brake line flaring tool for Christmas, so decided to finally use it. Started by making a new clutch line.

I have also been looking for something to replace the heat shield on the hard brake and clutch lines that run behind the engine.

I found this heat resistant wire sleeve. Worked out pretty good, the sleeve would fray at the end when i cut it, so I put crazy glue at the end to keep the material together.

View attachment 2574189View attachment 2574190View attachment 2574191View attachment 2574192View attachment 2574193

That Eastwood flaring tool is one of the best tool investments I’ve ever made.

Update on the bushings, If you just click and buy without looking at the description like i did you miss out on important details. Inner bushings from SOR are correct, they need to be machined down to remove the part that bulges out. Rather that have two different bushings made SOR had one made that can be modified to fit earlier applications.

I almost have all my parts together to swap out the FJ25 knuckles to FJ40 knuckles. Will be nice to have fresh tie rod ends on all the steering.

Yikes, looking at the SOR bushing, machining off the step wouldn't leave much material at the axial to radial bushing intersection(SOR bushing had much deeper bevel). Be careful pressing the bushing in once its machined, minus the step. Once its in, its fine, though.

Yikes, looking at the SOR bushing, machining off the step wouldn't leave much material at the axial to radial bushing intersection(SOR bushing had much deeper bevel). Be careful pressing the bushing in once its machined, minus the step. Once its in, its fine, though.
Here is a home made installation tool an old timer gave me.
A broken axle welded to a third member cross pin.
032DD76F-C4A0-45FE-8F39-5F2D131EDCBA.jpeg

Thanks for noticing that, im hoping SOR did there homework right. When i talked to them they didn't mention any issues.

I have one stock one thanks to @pardion and one SOR bushing. Going to get the SOR one machined this week, then start the knuckle swap, hopefully a smooth swap.

Here is a home made installation tool an old timer gave me.
A broken axle welded to a third member cross pin. View attachment 2641253
I like that tool a lot better than my metal scrap pile tool i made.

Can anyone tell me the height of the parking brake/4wd engage lever bootie? I’m next in line at the upholstery shop, getting seats and bootie done.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom