19 Sequoia TRD Sport sealed lens headlights 😠 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gold Boy

🇨🇦 🇺🇸
SILVER Star
Threads
The factory headlights are adequate but not great. I'm hoping that there's a mod so that I can install just bulbs rather than the replace whole light assembly.
Not sure what the options are at this time, hoping for more information from this thread.

FB_IMG_1703114463616.jpg

Last edited:
What is up with substandard headlights from the factory? I’ve owned a ton of Toyotas, and the only headlights I’ve cons good are on the ‘19 Tundra. Is it a Platinum thing? My ‘20 Tacoma TRD OR Premium had s*** headlights. My Sequoia is like driving with a couple of candles stuck on the bumper. I’m putting my Hella LED lightbar on it today!

Don’t you have the factory LED headlights? I thought those were a big upgrade from the earlier 2gen halogens.

Last edited:
Don’t you have the factory LED headlights? I thought those were a big upgrade from the earlier 2.5 gen halogens.
Yes, factory LEDs. Though adequate they're are underwhelming. I'm comparing them to the aftermarket LEDs that I installed in my Tundra which seem to have double the lighting capabilities. (Directed correctly, so I'm not blinding the oncoming trafic)

I've decided to install a pair of aftermarket LED lights as the solution.

What is up with substandard headlights from the factory? I’ve owned a ton of Toyotas, and the only headlights I’ve cons good are on the ‘19 Tundra. Is it a Platinum thing? My ‘20 Tacoma TRD OR Premium had s*** headlights. My Sequoia is like driving with a couple of candles stuck on the bumper. I’m putting my Hella LED lightbar on it today!
'19 TRD sport.
The Sequoia headlights are the oem leds. They are significantly better than my old 07 Tundra headlights. But not even close to my aftermarket replacement leds that are now in the tundra.
The problem is that the Sequoia has the bulbs sealed in the lens assembly, so I can't upgrade the bulbs.

So I it looks like I'm going to install a set of aux lights, for additional lighting when needed.

Interesting, I need to upgrade both my Sequoia and Tundra headlamps from the halogen models. Maybe I will go aftermarket instead of oem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom