18x8.5 +10: Widest Rubber That Will Clear? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to run the Enkei ST6 in 18 x 8.5 (+10 offset). Any thoughts on largest rubber I can clear? Originally wanted to go with a 315 but realize that just might not be in the cards given the offset...

Lift will be OME 2.5 inch or equivalent.

Here's a link to the wheels: ST6 | Enkei Wheels

Looking to run the Enkei ST6 in 18 x 8.5 (+10 offset). Any thoughts on largest rubber I can clear? Originally wanted to go with a 315 but realize that just might not be in the cards given the offset...

Lift will be OME 2.5 inch or equivalent.

Here's a link to the wheels: ST6 | Enkei Wheels

That +10 offset is going to make things a bit more difficult than it could be. You should really have -10 offset for 18's and OME 2.5 lift to put a nice meaty tire on. Something more like this set up will be what you want. GX470 - OME lift, wheels and tires

That +10 offset is going to make things a bit more difficult than it could be. You should really have -10 offset for 18's and OME 2.5 lift to put a nice meaty tire on. Something more like this set up will be what you want. GX470 - OME lift, wheels and tires

Ha, thanks. I love that thing, I've drooled over it before and is much of the reason I'd like to go wider than 285.

That's only going to give you 2mm more inner clearance than stock (i.e. basically no difference).

So would need some decent sized spacers I suppose. Was hoping to go with a wheel a little less common such as the enkei's (had great luck with them on my track cars).

2BBB703B-DF6E-4E88-92A5-5AF614C8142F.jpg
I did 0 offset, 3" of lift, and some saw time Got 35s on there!

Hot damn. And I thought I was pushing it with the desire for 33x12.5's. I assume you've got UCA's on there? Looks great Dan!

Also, what are you running for spacers (if any). Thanks!

IMG_0046.JPG
I did a few things.

So would need some decent sized spacers I suppose. Was hoping to go with a wheel a little less common such as the enkei's (had great luck with them on my track cars).

I would avoid spacers if possible and just get a wheel with a better offset if I were you. The Enkeis are fine but in the end they are just another cast wheel. Good luck!

Thanks, always tried to stay away from spacers on my cars (even 5-10mm hubcentric ones) so the thought of running 1 inch plus certainly doesn't sit well with me. Guess it's back to the drawing board wheel wise, will keep digging. Appreciate the input.

Thanks, always tried to stay away from spacers on my cars (even 5-10mm hubcentric ones) so the thought of running 1 inch plus certainly doesn't sit well with me. Guess it's back to the drawing board wheel wise, will keep digging. Appreciate the input.

5mm quality spacer like H&R is one thing (on factory studs) for 'sports car' but I've found trucks are way different. I've had a set of Spidertrax 1.25mm hub centric on my GX470 which are also great quality spacers but I was always chasing a vibration even when torqued properly. Its just nice to not have to deal with it. Some people have 0 issues. .02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom