'14-'15 vs. 16+ Opinions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^It's a funny thing with the little ones. I noticed the same as you.

IPads buy me limited relaxation on road trips as their fickle attention span and spazzing through content gets me about 30 minutes. I can put on full length movies on the car video player and it gets me the full 2 hr length of the video. The same movie played on their IPad doesn't produce the same result.

Having both for young kids is not a bad thing. Plus the audio coming through the vehicle, with 7.1 Mark Levinson in the LX, sounds great. I enjoy the movie vicariously through the audio track.

I would still like to watch it up front though :shame:.

Safety suite on 2016+ is really nice. Blind spot monitoring has helped me avoid some close calls since I’ve had mine. The bigger screen and 360 degree camera on 2016+ is awesome. Leather is nicer as previously mentioned. Those features plus better looking front end are the big reasons to get the newer truck in my opinion. The transmission isn’t a huge advantage in my experience in driving both.

I would spend the extra coin and get a 2016+, 2018+ if you can swing it. The rear screens are easily deleted with the kit mentioned a few posts back. Like most I can't stand them either. I wouldn't be opposed to a 2013-15 if I could find one with 50K miles on it and in great condition. Best of luck with your search, patience is a virtue.

I would spend the extra coin and get a 2016+, 2018+ if you can swing it. The rear screens are easily deleted with the kit mentioned a few posts back. Like most I can't stand them either. I wouldn't be opposed to a 2013-15 if I could find one with 50K miles on it and in great condition. Best of luck with your search, patience is a virtue.

Pretty sure I'm convinced to go 16+ and make sure it's got a clean title and all service records. There are plenty out there that show damage on the Carfax or have spent time in the rust belt. With the amount of money that's going to be invested, want one that's been used by a soccer mom in a southern state or west coast. 😁

Have considered getting something newer than my 2015 but stopped. Why? Power tailgate? Yuck. Rear screens? Yuck. Silvery plastic center stack? Yuck. Flimsy feeling center stack knobs? Yuck. Now, when I bought my 2015 I had just come from 17 years of daily driving my 100 and found the 2015 to be a perfect fit. Would I replace it now after 5 years with something newer? Nope. Maybe when the hybrid 300 comes out.

Bottom line - everything depends on what you like. All the 200 model years are solid at the core but it's the little things that matter on an individual basis.

Pretty sure I'm convinced to go 16+ and make sure it's got a clean title and all service records. There are plenty out there that show damage on the Carfax or have spent time in the rust belt. With the amount of money that's going to be invested, want one that's been used by a soccer mom in a southern state or west coast. 😁

I see this: Certified Used Toyota Vehicles | Pre-Owned Cars, Trucks, SUVs & Hybrids

But the dealer itself website does not show the vehicle.

The decision was made and the search ended today. Landed a very clean '17 that was originally sold and stayed in So Cal with all service conducted at local dealership. This thing could pass as new. Wouldn't know it was 3 years old as there are no signs of wear...no dings...and not even any dirt on the undercarriage. Looks like it was used to commute and work and get groceries.

IMG_20200526_142358.jpg

IMG_20200526_142430.jpg

IMG_20200526_142451.jpg

IMG_20200526_142731.jpg

Congratulations! She’s a beauty.

You did well, congrats! Now the fun and expensive part begins lol.

That thing is super clean!

Been watching the market and pondered the same question... Feel like I'll likely pull the trigger on the 16 (LX). I think you chose well!!

What kind of mileage was on it if you don't mind me asking ?
Little high for the year at 60k but must have been freeway miles since it's so pristine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom