13BT Injector-related parts (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there,

I'm getting ready to send my injectors to Rob Millson and noticed a few things I'll probably need after I get the m back. I've looked at the nice part numbers thread already. I'm just hoping someone here knows the part numbers or even better, a supplier...

First is...... the "Ring packing" seen on FU-10 of FSM (mine appear crumbly)

Second is.... nozzle seat...(same page, does this usually need replacement?)

Third is..... same page but is called "gasket." it's between leakage pipe and nozzle. Labeled as "Non-Reusable part.)

While I'm waiting for the injectors, I wanted to check out a leak(s) that is apparently at the intake and/or one of the injector pipes. There looks like small amount of oil seepage that looks like it's getting sprayed(a little bit) somehow by fuel...So, to the points...is it possible to get a new pipe if it's screwed? Where could I find gaskets to remove/clean/reasemble the intake manifold?

Thanks for taking the time to read this :cheers:

Mainer7 said:
First is...... the "Ring packing" seen on FU-10 of FSM (mine appear crumbly)

Second is.... nozzle seat...(same page, does this usually need replacement?)

Third is..... same page but is called "gasket." it's between leakage pipe and nozzle. Labeled as "Non-Reusable part.):

Nozzle seat: Not typically needing replacement, however you could, and then keep them as spares for years down the road. Talk to Rob about the nozzle seats. He can source some of them. I don't recall, is yours a red block or blue block? 11176-56020 is the red block 13BT and all 12HT. 11176-56030 is blue block 13BT, and 14BT's. Caveat: These colors extend to LC 13BT's only. Dyna applications, etc can have different colored blocks and you would have to go off model year (pre 1988/08 and post 1988/08)

Gasket: Again, talk to Rob. I believe he will supply these gaskets (the return pipe ones) with the nozzles. I know he can source them.

Ring Packing: 90430-17003. Try Rob again. 11B/13B/13BT/14B, etc all use the same part.

Mainer7 said:
While I'm waiting for the injectors, I wanted to check out a leak(s) that is apparently at the intake and/or one of the injector pipes. There looks like small amount of oil seepage that looks like it's getting sprayed(a little bit) somehow by fuel...So, to the points...is it possible to get a new pipe if it's screwed? Where could I find gaskets to remove/clean/reasemble the intake manifold? Thanks for taking the time to read this :cheers:

I think you are talking about the seepage that happens where the crossover pipe meets the rubber connectors for the air intake? Just about every 13BT I have ever seen weeps here. The 13BT recirculates the blowbly pre-turbo, so there will always be some oily air in the intake stream. Sheldon thinks the coarse surface of the crossover pipe does not allow a good seal where the rubber clamps down, thus alllowing weepage over time. Mine was really bad when I got it. I took it all apart, cleaned everything, put it back together and it still weeped a little over time. Strangely enough, the wepage seemed to have stopped when I switched to Esso XD0/40 last winter.

hth's

gb

Wow, Thanks Greg! My block is the red one...
RE the weepage...Rob had suggested it may be some leakage from the turbo seals...I just want to have the injectors dome first though. My biggest concern about that is the apparent fuel leak in that area. It makes the weeped oil look wet and shiny. It appears to be spraying upward onto the underside of the short section of rubber pipebetween the int. manifold and the crossover pipe.
Watching as the engine runs I never see any leaking/spraying. Do I have to remove the injections pipes to really see if they are okay?

Thank you Greg,
Jim

I thought I had a fuel leak when I got my truck too. Not saying you don't, however I would clean everything up 1st when you replace the nozzles, then access deeper. If it is fuel, you will see it right away, and if it is simply vapoured oil it will take a while to come back.

Sure, it could be the turbo seals leaking too. Start at the beginning though, as you are doing. Even though my weepage at the crossover pipe seems to have stopped when going synthetic I am going to get the turbo done anyway...before Alaska.

hth's

gb

Last edited:
Thanks Greg,
Sounds like a good plan...BTW, are you still going to run amsoil 15/40 in the warmer months? just curious as I'm going to do an oil change soon. Was using Rotella T 5/40.

Thanks again,

Jim

Mainer7 said:
Thanks Greg,
Sounds like a good plan...BTW, are you still going to run amsoil 15/40 in the warmer months? just curious as I'm going to do an oil change soon. Was using Rotella T 5/40.

Thanks again,

Jim

Sounds like Stone found some reasonably priced Amzoil 15/40 local to us, so I am going to ditch the plan of running 0/40 all year, and run the Amzoil 15/40 in the summer, and Esso XD 0/40 in the winter...till availablity or other unforseen item come up.

hth's

gb

Ok Thanks,

But one un-answered question still remains...
Where could I find gaskets or part numbers to remove/clean/reasemble the intake manifold? Would a liquid-type gasket work, such as Permatex?

Jim

Mainer7 said:
Ok Thanks,

But one un-answered question still remains...
Where could I find gaskets or part numbers to remove/clean/reasemble the intake manifold? Would a liquid-type gasket work, such as Permatex? Jim

If you are talking about the intake manifold gasket (between the manifold and the head) Mr Potatoehead Toyota saw fit to maintain the same intake and exhaust manifold gaskets for the 3B and 13BT. Talk to C-Dan and see if he can get them for you.

Use the stock gaskets...

17171-56010 for the intake manifold gasket
17173-58010 for the exhaust manifold gasket

If you are talking about the two gaskets that sandwich the intake heater screen...I can not find those part numbers anywhere on EPC. They show as part of the engine overhaul gasket kit though. When you get that far, take it apart, see what they are made of, and then go from there. If they are gasket material and not metal you can take them to a performace shop, explain your application and they should have some sheets you can buy. Then make your own.

hth's

gb

Greg,
Thanks for those numbers, great help!
Probly make my own...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom