13-bt oil pan leak (no gasket? really?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
heya. My 13bt was recently rebuilt, and has developed an oil leak in the pan seal next to the flywheel.

1649887035110.png

I wasn't initially sure where it was coming from, so cleaned everything up real good and drove it around the block. With a flashlight I can see gaps in the liquid-seal stuff they used and at least three distinct leaks, but I imagine it's worse when it gets up to temp. I went to research a pan-seal part number and I see a few part numbers (1215161011) but it sounds like toyota doesn't actually use a gasket here?

13BT oil pan leak - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/13bt-oil-pan-leak.379790/

Just want to verify that's the case, and if so I'll pull it and seal it up better with some FIPG. Thanks as always

According to the 13B-T manual it just uses a "seal packing, part no. 08826-00080 or equivalent", so just some FIPG is all it takes. The same was true with the 1HZ oil pan I pulled.

My 12ht was the same. Lacking sealant. Reseated and no leaks

My 13BT rebuild kit had a cork gasket for the oil pan. I used it and it's been basically leak free. A few times bolts loosened and caused a little seepage, but other than that it's been fine. It was from Engines Australia. I wouldn't special order just to get that though.

I would have no issues using FIPG to do the pan gasket and used FIPG when I couldn't find the right gasket OEM. Works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom