12v - 110v inverters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those that are running 12v - 110v inverters who are you using and why? I am trying to find something similar to the Krieger system. I am not a fan of the external LCD display as I plan on running something that will mount to the plastic 1/4 panel. Also looking for options/opinions on 110V plugs that can be installed in the plastics of the 1/4 panel.

I have a dewalt in one rig and a harbor freight 2k in another. Neither are hidden, both work as they should. Both are mounted in ways they can be quickly removed.

I have a dewalt in one rig and a harbor freight 2k in another. Neither are hidden, both work as they should. Both are mounted in ways they can be quickly removed.

I am looking for one that can be hidden, but that could change depending on what I can find.

I am looking for one that can be hidden, but that could change depending on what I can find.
I started off that way but after the second time pulling it out to use on other vehicles I decided against that plan.

I've got something similar to this:

Its mounted behind the panel in the rear on the driver side, hardly ever use it though. Accessable by pulling the jack access cover.

I've got something similar to this:

Its mounted behind the panel in the rear on the driver side, hardly ever use it though. Accessable by pulling the jack access cover.

Thank you. That is close to what I am looking at with the Krieger inverter. And I think I have found the right adapters to accommodate the 110V plugs issue.

krieger.jpg

110v plug.jpg

My set-up is configured around the sleeper-drawer system installed in the back. Drop the tailgate and you have this.
sNFbaV.jpg

I put a Tuffy locking center console in to get a better elbow rest and more secure stowage. Building the framework for it provided plenty of room for another inverter.
umhVwn.jpg

Both are 400 W units. The one under the Tuffy is a Harbor Freight, don't recall the brand on the one at the tailgate.

Someone can clue me in if I wrong, but believe you want to run one that is pure sine.
yes you should if planning to use sensitive electronics with it. Much cleaner power. But a lot of the new “modified” sine inverters claim to be safe for computers and such now too :meh:

@OffRoadScott do you plan to run any custom or prefabricated drawers?

I have some customer drawers now. But I am going to pull them out once the Wits End 1/4 panel arrives install everything in there, wanna keep things away from prying eyes.

Here is my QPM and inverter setup. I went with a Victron 1200 which is way beyond my needs, but it wasn't too much more money so I went for it. I have it mounted to the side of my drawers. I then bought a 1ft flat head extension cord, cut the end off and spliced it into this:

Amazon product ASIN B07SLM8LT5

2021-03-22 22.46.50.jpg

2021-03-18 22.40.19.jpg

That is a really clean setup. I like how you installed your plugs and inverter control. How are you getting power to your We Boost? I plan on putting my We Boost on the 1/4 panel mount as well and am concerned about how to power it without the cigarette plug. What else do you have mounted on your 1/4 panel mount?

Thanks!! I spent quite a while thinking about it and laying it out. Lol.

So I bought the hardwire kit they sell. I basically modified the cord and ran a ground to my fuse panel and then ran the positive wire to my SwitchPros. Which I love. I don't need to keep it on when I'm around town and no concerns for signal and my antenna is down. When I need it, I just fire it up. I can also see factually how well it works. Which is fantastic for what it is. Absolutely works.

Thanks!! I spent quite a while thinking about it and laying it out. Lol.

So I bought the hardwire kit they sell. I basically modified the cord and ran a ground to my fuse panel and then ran the positive wire to my SwitchPros. Which I love. I don't need to keep it on when I'm around town and no concerns for signal and my antenna is down. When I need it, I just fire it up. I can also see factually how well it works. Which is fantastic for what it is. Absolutely works.

Which hardwire kit did you buy? I was just on their site and there are a few on there.

Other than the We Boost and the compressor what else do you have mounted on that 1/4 panel mount.

I have the accessory fuse panel. I bought from Delta and their mount for it along with the wire organizers. The fuse panel is wired to be half constant and half switch. The last thing is a Victron 20amp solar controller.

I have the accessory fuse panel. I bought from Delta and their mount for it along with the wire organizers. The fuse panel is wired to be half constant and half switch. The last thing is a Victron 20amp solar controller.
Nice clean setup @NorCalFJ100. I’m taking notes for my install next month. Like how you mounted plugs and controller on your drawer wing. Looks like Dobinson drawers, which is what I will be installing. What air hardware did you use to get from the compressor to the final mounted chuck? What is the bottom left plug? Do you have your install detailed in a build thread?

Thank you. I have a long road in front of me to get this LC to where it is my DD again. But thank you for the input and will be using it to my advantage later on.

Thank you. I have a long road in front of me to get this LC to where it is my DD again. But thank you for the input and will be using it to my advantage later on.
Sure thing! And I can relate. I've spent the last 4 years getting mine to where it is. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom