12K Badlands Winch Install A/C interference (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the middle of installing my new BIO Tube bumper and 12K badlands winch and when pushing the bumper onto the frame rails the handle on the winch hits against my A/C condenser. Has anyone ran into a similar problem with a winch install? If so what was your solution?

image_19716_zps77fae0fa.jpg

Do a search on "clocking" the winch, meaning you'll have to take it apart a little to move the whole side with the handle forward. I recall it was a bunch screws that needed to be removed.

You could move the A/C Condensor inside the hood. Some people have done it to protect it.

You could move the A/C Condensor inside the hood. Some people have done it to protect it.

You're thinking about the receiver-dryer. If the winch is hitting the ac condenser (radiator) then re-clocking the end of the winch is the proper solution. Or else trimming the handle would work too.

Funny that this came up this is exactly what my mechanic buddy mentioned just wasnt sure if it could be done, thanks this just confirms it and he has already done. EDIT: Just talked to him and he had already started with moving the condenser horns etc.. so he decided to take that route rather than reclock the winch. Either way it is done and looks good. I will post some pics once he sends them to me..

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this up! I'm doing a carbon copy of your bumper and winch pretty soon, so its nice to hear about the bumps in the road before I hit them. Good info to have!

One quick pic installed... New 315's, 1 inch front spacers, BIO bumper and winch..

ForumRunner_20130406_111151.jpg

ForumRunner_20130406_111151.jpg

Clocking it 36 degree is so much easier. You just need a 3mm and a 6mm allen/hex key.

SFP_0099.jpg

I agree now that I know it can be done and this is what he initially wanted to do that's why I asked on here. Unfortunately by the time I got back to him because I'm out of the country with a time difference he had already done all the other work.. either way its is now functional and looks good. I can't wait to get home in a couple of weeks and get it on the trails to do some trout fishing.

Apologies to go a bit off topic does any one know if this winch will fil the slee shortbus bumper? They r like 299.00 in this months HFT sale paper I get and would like to get one.

Thanks

This winch measures 21"Lx6.5"Wx8.5"H.

Call Slee and find out. Its slightly smaller than a warn 9.5XP, so it will probably fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom