Help! - Which ComeUp winch will fit my ARB? 9.5 vs 12k? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yoda-g3

SILVER Star
Threads
Title says it all. My 9k Superwinch stopped working so I decided to replace it vs fixing it. I'm leaning towards a 12.5k due to mine being a HEAVY rig.

I stumbled across this thread talking about how "integrated winches don't work with the ARB". What does that mean?

I want a simple bolt in solution. I don't want to fabricate anything on this. Looking at ComeUP's site, I'm confused as to the model # differences. It kind of looks like all of them have a relocatable control box?

I see these as my options:

Solo 12.5 RS
Seal Slim 12.5 RS
Seal Slim 12.5 S

Pics show my bumper.

20200824_085155.jpg

20200824_113051.jpg

Call one of the Comeup vendors like Slee and ask, I’m no help since I don’t have an ARB

I emailed them and haven't heard back yet. I was hoping to get some feedback before calling them to see if there is more data in the wild.

I have the 9.5 in my vehicle, but I think the 12.5 would also fit just fine with the removable solenoid pack. Either way, you need 1/2" of spacers between the bumper and the winch so the ends of the winch don't hit the inside of the bumper as it tapers back.

Call the boys at @cruiseroutfit Cruiser Outfitters and they'll set you up with exactly what you need.

tempImage2lFYjH.png

Thanks! I will!

Thanks! I will!
You'll need longer bolts as well to compensate for the spacers. As I recall the Comeup includes metric bolts for their square nuts that sit in the feet of the winch. I *think* they were M10x1.5 but its been a while... I had to order longer bolts as none of the big-box stores in my neck of the woods had the ones I needed in stock. Again, the guys at cruiser outfitters will point you in the right direction.

You'll need longer bolts as well to compensate for the spacers. As I recall the Comeup includes metric bolts for their square nuts that sit in the feet of the winch. I *think* they were M10x1.5 but its been a while... I had to order longer bolts as none of the big-box stores in my neck of the woods had the ones I needed in stock. Again, the guys at cruiser outfitters will point you in the right direction.
Thanks!!

I have the 9.5 in my vehicle, but I think the 12.5 would also fit just fine with the removable solenoid pack. Either way, you need 1/2" of spacers between the bumper and the winch so the ends of the winch don't hit the inside of the bumper as it tapers back.

Call the boys at @cruiseroutfit Cruiser Outfitters and they'll set you up with exactly what you need.

View attachment 3534641
What 9.5 model is it? Solo or Real Slim?

I run the Seal Slim 12.5 part #295057 and #884026 bracket and it fits with about .5” spacing as well. Jon at Comeup can clear up any part number confusion. He’s plenty familiar with 80s. Slee, Cruiser Outfitters or Delta can also help you with purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom