<-- (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ya probably a good idea, one of my relays died and got stuck drawing some power even whether vehicle was off, whoever wired mine didn't have an ignition cut off....
When I had this installed before I had a lead running forward to a 12v fuse block, but I'm trying to avoid any 12v bs in it now.

I think the little battery should work out. Makes for a pretty easy solution anyways.
Just ordered a couple more flat 4 trailer plugs so I can disconnect easy.
I don't use the trailer much since the 45 thing got going but its low deck is a definite bonus sometimes.

When I had this installed before I had a lead running forward to a 12v fuse block, but I'm trying to avoid any 12v bs in it now.

I think the little battery should work out. Makes for a pretty easy solution anyways.
Just ordered a couple more flat 4 trailer plugs so I can disconnect easy.
I don't use the trailer much since the 45 thing got going but its low deck is a definite bonus sometimes.
Ya... I don't use my trailer a ton, but it's pretty handy for moving dirt around and such with the hydraulic dump, and also I can't really fit the excavator in the back of the truck...

Mission successful...

My power fist metal bandsaw I bought at princess 20 years ago has been showing its age.

So I picked up something to show it what age really is...🤣🤣

PXL_20240122_232056917.jpg

As always... alarmingly heavy. 😳

Been playing with this old thing today. Mostly bought it for fun, it kinda matches my lathe and it was cheap

The feed system is clever. There's two pistons that go into a v shaped reservoir full of oil. So as one goes in it pushes the other out. Seems to work still.
I cut a couple slices off some pipe with just a regular hacksaw blade in it and it did ok. Didn't snap the blade instantly like I expected 🤣

It's supposed to have the bigger 1" blades, but I haven't found them where the seller doesn't want 50 bucks to ship 3 yet. 🙄

PXL_20240123_232731793.jpg
PXL_20240123_232753663.jpg
PXL_20240123_233808020.jpg

I love the old stuff but I think bandsaws are much superior?

I love the old stuff but I think bandsaws are much superior?
Depends. A good one is , mine wasn't particularly good when I bought it. Now it's beat to s*** and snaps blades randomly.

This is really more of a toy. But I suspect with a proper 14tpi blade in it it'll kick my bandsaws ass.

And look cool doing it 🤣

That is a bandsaw? Just horizontal? I like it.
Technically it's a power hacksaw.

I'm interested to try it with a coarse blade. This thin hand hacksaw blade is like 24 tpi so it doesn't make enough room for itself.

But really this thing was just too cool to let go to the scrapper.

Seriously it weighs like 450 lbs. It nuts 🤣

Finished off the trailer bs. I had a scrap of starboard that was the right size for a little baby battery tray. I'm fairly sure I'll remember how it works when I use the trailer again in 3 years 🤣🤣

PXL_20240125_200611806.jpg

And I made a counterweight for this old brute. Runs smoother with less weight on the blade.
Turns out 12" recip blades work ok lol.

PXL_20240125_201159332.jpg

I'll have a proper look for blades now that I know this thing actually works.

Now all I need is a line shaft and a steam engine...

PXL_20240125_202700136.jpg

Lots of people still using these old saws.

Lots of people still using these old saws.
Yeah there's more around than you'd think. I still haven't really used it, I'm deep in shop cleaning/organizing mode.

I have s***loads of floor space, but very little wall space or shelves and drawers.

Bad combo when you're kindof a shop slob 🤣

Yeah there's more around than you'd think. I still haven't really used it, I'm deep in shop cleaning/organizing mode.

I have s***loads of floor space, but very little wall space or shelves and drawers.

Bad combo when you're kindof a shop slob 🤣
Want to go clean mine up when you're done?

Want to go clean mine up when you're done?
I have a blade for the tractor. Works great to push s*** into the corner 🤣

Got waylaid by a toilet job today. Bit of sewer smell in bathroom so I figured I'd replace the wax ring...aaaand 8 hours later after replacing the rotten subfloor under the tile from below, I'm in the ****in pub. 😭

I have a blade for the tractor. Works great to push s*** into the corner 🤣

Got waylaid by a toilet job today. Bit of sewer smell in bathroom so I figured I'd replace the wax ring...aaaand 8 hours later after replacing the rotten subfloor under the tile from below, I'm in the f***in pub. 😭
Don't remind me... I believe the flange of one of our toilets has broken. The toilet is loose and moves around... fortunately no smell. The only thing going in my favor is that it's a concrete floor with tile directly stuck onto it. I'm looking forward to it about as much as a root canal.

Don't remind me... I believe the flange of one of our toilets has broken. The toilet is loose and moves around... fortunately no smell. The only thing going in my favor is that it's a concrete floor with tile directly stuck onto it. I'm looking forward to it about as much as a root canal.
Kinda crazy how a wax ring is still the way they're sealed... Not to mention just held down by two bolts in a piece of plastic.

The mudder in my shop is a scary old thing that looks like it's from the 80s. It's on concrete so I hope like hell the flange is ok.

Do yourself a favor and buy a bag or two of this stuff before messing with any toilets. Awesome stuff.

91uQrMy+YRL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Last edited:
And back to Land Cruisers please! Lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom