Events/Trails 120 Run on the 2018 Rubithon 30th Anniversary - by Metal-tech 4x4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

helocat

Tube is your buddy!
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.metaltech4x4.com
Metal-tech 4x4 is hosting the 120 run on the Rubicon for the 30th Anniversary of the TLCA Rubithon event.

When: June 17-24th
Where: Rubicon Trail, CA
What trucks: All prado 120's. GX470, FJC, 4th Gens, heck drive your Prado 120 from Oz and join us.
Register ASAP it's filling up! REGISTRATION – Rubithon

This is the 30th Anniversary of the TLCA Rubithon.
We are going in as one of the first groups. We have a clean trail in front us this way and do not have other runs pushing us to go faster. We go in on Tuesday early Morning from Loon Lake. (Most will camp at the trailhead at loon lake Monday night) Plan is to overnight at Buck Island that night and push on to the springs arriving on Wednesday. Wednesday on we have open time in the springs, hike back watch others, take our rigs out for whatever etc. Departure is Sunday AM up Cadillac Hill and out to Tahoe.

Minimum truck built requirements for this run:

34" tires (35's recommended)
One locker in the rear
Front locker OR winch (both are sugested)
Sliders
Skid plates for engine and trany
Recovery kit, snatch block, kinetic strap, tree saver

SUGGESTED:
Front bumper with high approach angle w/ recovery points
Rear bumper with high departure angle

Last edited:
one way or another I'm going to try to be on this run Mark... even if I have to strap myself to your roof rack.

I'm already in!

one way or another I'm going to try to be on this run Mark... even if I have to strap myself to your roof rack.

I will make sure there is room on the roof rack Paul! Your always a blast to hang out with wheeling.

I'm already in!

Perfict! Dan it will be great seeing you and your rig on the CON. The 30th Anniversary Rubithon will be outstanding.

I will have my new slinky rear springs, the nomad valve body with torque lock out, and a 30 gallon aux tank installed by then. Mega GX!

Mark, you and @DanKunz both spent time with me OTP in 2016 when I was learning/deciding what to do with my GX to get it where she is today and I love it.

I'm not currently spec'd to the minimums noted above (lockers) but this gives me something to think about for the future. Have a great run, free bump (of sorts). Cheers guys....

I will have my new slinky rear springs, the nomad valve body with torque lock out, and a 30 gallon aux tank installed by then. Mega GX!

Do you ever run out of mods???? :)

PLEASE share thoughts of the Nomad valve body after you've had it in a while, really piqued my interest years ago in my 80 but never pulled the trigger.

Will do! I hope I run out of mods soon. As the gx rose up more and more became available. I look at the total spend since 2010 and laugh.

@DanKunz There's a price to pay to have one of the most capable GX470s in the history of the world!

Yep! I will be in on Sunday I think.

This run actually starts on Tuesday

Yup Tuesday! In on the 17th! Bright and early. We will be camping Monday night in the dispursed sites or the campground (if spots open). Then stage up at 8:30AM on TUEZDAY morning.

Good to know! Flying in Sunday. Will be there Monday

Things are going well with Rubithon prep. Just a reminder you only have 4 more days to get included in the drawing for an extra Grand Prize Raffle ticket for the month of March.

REGISTRATION – Rubithon

I have not been able to post them yet, but from the looks of the raffle donations received already, this is looking to be a banner year!

Safe wheelin!

Eric

Just wondering if anyone is going to post on ih8mud some photos and/or videos of the gx470s doing this run. I would be interested in seeing some photos

Congrats to Bruce Shoff! He is the winner for the extra Grand Prize Raffle Ticket for the month of March.

What are just a few of the items in that exclusive raffle you ask…

A Stihl chainsaw, a Powertank and a set of Toyo tires.

Now get your registrations in. Here’s the link: REGISTRATION – Rubithon

You have 42 more days to get your registrations in before the $25 late fee starts, so get it done and get those Toyota’s ready for some great summer action at this year’s 30th Annual Rubithon!!!!!

Just wondering if anyone is going to post on ih8mud some photos and/or videos of the gx470s doing this run. I would be interested in seeing some photos

Peterson's 4 Wheel Drive mag, back in 2005 took a GX470 accross the Con. Its very capable. Back then no support in the aftermarket was out so they had to home fab it all. Now with all the support easy to armor up a 470 for the Con. As for the truck driving it, Prado 120's in the form of 4Runners and FJ Cruisers have been all over it for year. Personaly I have taken my FJC accross it quite a few times.

2004 Lexus GX470 - Customization & Buildup - Four Wheeler Magazine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom