. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does the oil look like it’s really thick? When I ran mine on a spun bearing you could barely hear the chatter of the rod. The oil was soooo thick. They guy that told me to do it was a......used car dealer and said they did that to auction cars to keep them alive

Appreciate it, Boulder’s a bit problematic to get it back to Portland, plus it’ll be a few weeks until I even get the title for this LX. I’ll be surprised if anything else happens this month with it.
The bearing/engine shop guy didn’t share the sentiments of myself and IH8MUD with the 2UZ being robust, he has a few of these he’s working on right now. We both agreed the OM617 in my Mercedes S123 will outlive the both of us though.
Shipping is about $200 to $400. Issue is getting just engine from guy at reasonable price. A fresh kill like it is best, also he has in garage. You don't want and engine that's been weather or even washed. I've seen some nice one (when I was looking ) out of SoCA.

Title isn't issue from Copart. Either it shows or you get a new one. I stopped bidding at Copart. Fact is the bids go to high and fees are high. I wanted one that was total badly, just for hood. It was 06 w/175K. Went for $11k plus fees, sick.

The 2UZ is very robust engine provided maintained properly. I've one with 350K and we see 500K in mud, one once with over 500K. The 1 million mile Tundra demonstrated this, and it was USA built. The USA built has issue with rods breaking. That why I asked if VIN # matches.

The 2UZ (4.7L) issue is, it must be properly maintained. No 1 is fluid and filter changes, and any leak stopped. I've two 2UZ VVti in my shop now that need rebuilding or trashing. One overheated (coolant leak). One sat out in the weather and wash washed. Water entry is problematic any longer that two weeks without running will lead to a smoker.

A local mud member, 50 miles from north of me, went through purchasing three engine of the non VVT. Three in a row junk. Home work when buying engine is same as buying rig if not more. History and carfax must be pulled. Fresh kill is best. Pictures and VIN on the engine a must.
What are the differences between 2UZ-fe VVti engines, & where can I get one??
Engine Block Identification number decipher?
Their are no JDM at least not in the VVT likely not any non VVT either. Most sellers will lie about mileage. A tundra or Sequoia can be used, but Japanese built are better.
Scored 2007 Unicorn. The holy grail of 100 series.

Your dipstick tells a story. History may also be revealing or lack of. Did you run VIN before or after bidding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom