SOLD 11/1974 FJ55 Columbia, SC. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 55 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(0, 106, 255)
4B32BCCD-DDD3-4185-994A-6E2FC037F7EC.jpeg
8E894AEC-6CC1-40EC-822B-EA1ED1A0F0D1.jpeg
7E07B798-7319-4A03-9DF6-E293C4D49A66.jpeg
B3A40108-F47C-4D24-A9E5-531B5F6B7B50.jpeg
7CC9A70F-6981-475F-8D91-661B0A0154C5.jpeg

Considering letting the 55 go to find some projects at home. Wanted to put it out to see what the interest is.

$24000

Located in SC

11/1974 FJ55 4 speed

I consider it to be in pretty good shape. Runs and drives well. 4x4 in working order. Low mileage tires. Complete upholstery replacement Clean dash, seats, headliner and door cards. Working rear window. No dents or dings in the body. Includes original front mat (hole on drivers side). I believe it has the Weber carb. Minimal interior floor surface rust This is being cleaned and prepped for rust preventative application. No major rust issues. No major mechanical issues. Does have some rust near/in the drip rails (one spot about the size of pencil eraser needs to be fixed). No rust issues under or in rocker panels that I am aware of. Just a good running 55 with no major issues. It does need some things. Nothing that has to be done in order to drive or enjoy, but if your like me little things matter and I am in the process of running through and fixing small items front to back.

COMPLETED LAST 60 DAYS:

-Oil/filter change

-New plugs and wires

-New headlights

-New battery cables

-New PCV and grommet.

-Hood latch release replacement

-New rear window drive gear

-Radiation flush and fill

-Removed fuel tank: clean and rustproofing

-Replaced all tank fuel/vent lines

-Replaced side mirror mounting bolts

-F/R Diff fluid change

-Cleaned and reinstalled coolant overflow

-Rear tail gate cover

-New in tank fuel sending unit.

TO BE DONE THIS WEEK:

-Install window crank passenger rear door (found one this week)

-Install door handle molding passenger rear door (found one this week)

Interior floor prep for rust preventative.

-Install new oil pressure sending unit

PARTS:

-16+ Diff/Trans/Transfer/ drain and full washers

-PCV/Grommet

-Complete gasket set

-Second set of tow hooks

-New Alternator (the one on it works fine, but this one is new in box)

-Various hoses (coolant, fuel, etc)

-Alternator belt

-other various items

NEEDS:

-Clean small amount of surface rust interior floor, prep, and apply rust preventative

-There are a few electrical bugs. Head lights work on high beam, tall and brakes lights work as they should, passenger blinker come on solid and isn’t currently blinking. Just a meter and some time to fix these.

-Odometer stopped working this week. Most likely due to the extensive undercarriage cleaning. Probably just needs to be adjusted. Plan to crawl under there and check it out this week.

-Now that the fuel tank has been cleaned and all hoses replaced it has developed the tank over pressure issues. Obviously this has been an issue for the PO in the past as can be seen by the paint damage under the fuel cap. The emission set up has been bypassed and there is obviously an over pressure issue. I am in the process of working this out. First overflow for me from the gas cap was yesterday. Needs new cap with better seal/vent capabilities.

-Differentials do not leak, but there is a leak possibly from the transfer case. It isn’t major, but I am keeping an eye on it and making sure it has fluid. No major oil leaking, but I would consider, while addressing the transfer leak, pulling and replacing the oil pan gasket. As mentioned I have full set of new gaskets.

I am sure I am missing some small details, but honestly fix the little leaks and the over pressure and this would be one great pig. Anyway putting out some feelers to see if anyone is interested. Happy to send additional images of specifics as needed.

Scott in SC

Last edited:
Nice Pig! Rules state you need to post a price

De ja vue... did I see this earlier? The seats look familiar

Nice Piggie!

@esbuff1978

How long have you had the truck?
I’ve had it for a few months. It’s in pretty good shape but it’s got a lot of little knickknack things that need to be corrected and I’ve been working on those. For example it’s missing the window crank and doorhandle molding passenger rear. It was missing the tailgate cover, the rear window didn’t work, etc. All of those things have been corrected or I have the parts for.

I’ve also run through it and did a radiator flush and fill change the oil and plugs and plug wires etc. I’m dropping it off at Toyota on Monday for them to take a look at the transmission transfer case leak to have that corrected.

I don’t intend it to be a beauty queen but I think it’s in really good shape, especially compared to some of the ones I’ve seen. I want it to be fun, reliable, and enjoyable.

I’m a bit of a perfectionist and not quite sure that I can make it perfect and that may end up being a source of stress

I’ve had it for a few months. It’s in pretty good shape but it’s got a lot of little knickknack things that need to be corrected and I’ve been working on those. For example it’s missing the window crank and doorhandle molding passenger rear. It was missing the tailgate cover, the rear window didn’t work, etc. All of those things have been corrected or I have the parts for.

I’ve also run through it and did a radiator flush and fill change the oil and plugs and plug wires etc. I’m dropping it off at Toyota on Monday for them to take a look at the transmission transfer case leak to have that corrected.

I don’t intend it to be a beauty queen but I think it’s in really good shape, especially compared to some of the ones I’ve seen. I want it to be fun, reliable, and enjoyable.

I’m a bit of a perfectionist and not quite sure that I can make it perfect and that may end up being a source of stress
Got it. I thought your 55 (interior) looked familiar. It was for sale in Charlotte, NC a couple moths ago.

This forum doesn't take kind to flippers trying to make a quick 2x profit after doing a tuneup on a $10K purchase....

1b2a807d-9a11-411d-bb5b-d5a3e66a4969-png.3002489

This forum doesn't take kind to flippers trying to make a quick 2x profit after doing a tuneup on a $10K purchase....

1b2a807d-9a11-411d-bb5b-d5a3e66a4969-png.3002489
I appreciate your thoughts. I’m not a “flipper”. Honestly I didn’t intent to sell it, but circumstances change. Regardless of what I did or didn’t pay for something why should I not sell it for market value?

If the price is fair and appropriate then what is the issue? You don’t know what my circumstances are. I appreciate your opinion.

Have a good week.

interior clean, paint, and rust preventative. Also dropped her off at Toyota…she will be leak free in a week or two. Engine side cover leak and a few undercarriage leaks all being addressed. Also getting a new oil sending unit and alternator installed Along with both shift and transfer case inner and outer boots.

A823EC0E-3A0C-4FB7-B2AE-1214CF768E17.jpeg
F71537A6-2B72-47B0-A761-35FE5C94B5A6.jpeg
7775623E-894D-4263-8A04-CD5BA6E6EA4B.jpeg

View attachment 3001785View attachment 3001789View attachment 3001790View attachment 3001793View attachment 3001794

Considering letting the 55 go to find some projects at home. Wanted to put it out to see what the interest is.

$24000

Located in SC

11/1974 FJ55 4 speed

I consider it to be in pretty good shape. Runs and drives well. 4x4 in working order. Low mileage tires. Complete upholstery replacement Clean dash, seats, headliner and door cards. Working rear window. No dents or dings in the body. Includes original front mat (hole on drivers side). I believe it has the Weber carb. Minimal interior floor surface rust This is being cleaned and prepped for rust preventative application. No major rust issues. No major mechanical issues. Does have some rust near/in the drip rails (one spot about the size of pencil eraser needs to be fixed). No rust issues under or in rocker panels that I am aware of. Just a good running 55 with no major issues. It does need some things. Nothing that has to be done in order to drive or enjoy, but if your like me little things matter and I am in the process of running through and fixing small items front to back.

COMPLETED LAST 60 DAYS:

-Oil/filter change

-New plugs and wires

-New headlights

-New battery cables

-New PCV and grommet.

-Hood latch release replacement

-New rear window drive gear

-Radiation flush and fill

-Removed fuel tank: clean and rustproofing

-Replaced all tank fuel/vent lines

-Replaced side mirror mounting bolts

-F/R Diff fluid change

-Cleaned and reinstalled coolant overflow

-Rear tail gate cover

-New in tank fuel sending unit.

TO BE DONE THIS WEEK:

-Install window crank passenger rear door (found one this week)

-Install door handle molding passenger rear door (found one this week)

Interior floor prep for rust preventative.

-Install new oil pressure sending unit

PARTS:

-16+ Diff/Trans/Transfer/ drain and full washers

-PCV/Grommet

-Complete gasket set

-Second set of tow hooks

-New Alternator (the one on it works fine, but this one is new in box)

-Various hoses (coolant, fuel, etc)

-Alternator belt

-other various items

NEEDS:

-Clean small amount of surface rust interior floor, prep, and apply rust preventative

-There are a few electrical bugs. Head lights work on high beam, tall and brakes lights work as they should, passenger blinker come on solid and isn’t currently blinking. Just a meter and some time to fix these.

-Odometer stopped working this week. Most likely due to the extensive undercarriage cleaning. Probably just needs to be adjusted. Plan to crawl under there and check it out this week.

-Now that the fuel tank has been cleaned and all hoses replaced it has developed the tank over pressure issues. Obviously this has been an issue for the PO in the past as can be seen by the paint damage under the fuel cap. The emission set up has been bypassed and there is obviously an over pressure issue. I am in the process of working this out. First overflow for me from the gas cap was yesterday. Needs new cap with better seal/vent capabilities.

-Differentials do not leak, but there is a leak possibly from the transfer case. It isn’t major, but I am keeping an eye on it and making sure it has fluid. No major oil leaking, but I would consider, while addressing the transfer leak, pulling and replacing the oil pan gasket. As mentioned I have full set of new gaskets.

I am sure I am missing some small details, but honestly fix the little leaks and the over pressure and this would be one great pig. Anyway putting out some feelers to see if anyone is interested. Happy to send additional images of specifics as needed.

Scott in SC
Is the FJ 55 Still Available and do you have additional pictures.

Is the FJ 55 Still Available and do you have additional pictures.h
Hey yes it is. Have someone coming to see it Friday. Send me you cell and I can text some images. It’s currently at Toyota…wanted to have any leaks addressed. Need any specific images?

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom