Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tonight I had to drive a few hours by myself across my flat, swampy, rural homeland.
It really got me to thinking. Growing up on a farm in South Georgia I never dreamed I would ever do the things I’ve done and see the things I’ve seen at HIH. It’s like a dream.
The people I’ve met, the friends I’ve made, the things I’ve learned, the confidence I’ve gained.....it’s just so amazing.
I just wanted to thank everyone in the HIH community, especially @paflytyer and @bluecruiser . Thanks again for doing this, for having the patience and making it happen. HIH has made this simple guy from Georgia look at life differently. It’s given me a new found hunger to explore and meet new people, and the confidence to know that I can do anything I set my mind to, no matter how daunting it may seem.
I can’t imagine a better event or group of people gathered anywhere in the word. HIH has made a mark on my soul that will be there forever.

I’m longing for those Colorado mountains tonight.

47794509-4CE3-4573-90D0-227B082F6AAD.jpeg

Tonight I had to drive a few hours by myself across my flat, swampy, rural homeland.
It really got me to thinking. Growing up on a farm in South Georgia I never dreamed I would ever do the things I’ve done and see the things I’ve seen at HIH. It’s like a dream.
The people I’ve met, the friends I’ve made, the things I’ve learned, the confidence I’ve gained.....it’s just so amazing.
I just wanted to thank everyone in the HIH community, especially @paflytyer and @bluecruiser . Thanks again for doing this, for having the patience and making it happen. HIH has made this simple guy from Georgia look at life differently. It’s given me a new found hunger to explore and meet new people, and the confidence to know that I can do anything I set my mind to, no matter how daunting it may seem.
I can’t imagine a better event or group of people gathered anywhere in the word. HIH has made a mark on my soul that will be there forever.

View attachment 2232447
You gonna make me cry, dude!
Just kidding - thanks for sharing! 🤝

View attachment 2232447
Well said! There is an empty part of me that can only be filled with the mountains of Colorado.

Is there a tentative schedule at all for what trails will run on what days? Apologies if I missed it posted somewhere.

Is there a tentative schedule at all for what trails will run on what days? Apologies if I missed it posted somewhere.

We run most of the trails on most of the days. Until we get closer to the event, we won’t have a ton of detail on this. Is there something in particular you’d like to know?

We run most of the trails on most of the days. Until we get closer to the event, we won’t have a ton of detail on this. Is there something in particular you’d like to know?

That’s good to know. I won’t be able to come for the whole time and trying to plan out the days so I don’t miss Poughkeepsie Gulch or Black Bear Pass.

Wife just informed me my son's end of season hockey party is Sunday night. I have explained to her that I will be needed to leave for a bit to sign up.

My rig is not in need of new tires at this time, but if I get in I'll be ordering up some tires within the month.

Vendors are already getting signed up for 2020! @nakman (Gamiviti), @suprarx7nut (YotaMD), @Sloop Imports , and @Ramathorn15 (Owl Expedition) were quick to the draw. We reserve a handful of spots for our supporting vendors (they get a special link), having them at the event has always been a big success.

See the rest of you on March 15th! Set those alarms/reminders. Don't worry, we save 100 spots for participants!! (and even more for #hihinsiders)

Last edited:
Vendors are already getting signed up for 2020! @nakman (Gamiviti), @suprarx7nut (YotaMD), @Sloop Imports , and @Ramathorn15 (Owl Expedition) were quick to the draw. We reserve a handful of spots for our supporting vendors (they get a special link), having them at the event has always been a big success.

See the rest of you on March 15th! Set those alarms/reminders. Don't worry, we save 100 spots for participants!!

Super glad I have my hihinsider link!!!!..... CALM DOWN PEOPLE I AM KIDDING...there is no such thing.

Even superer glader that vendors are already getting on board! Go to @Ramathorn15 , @suprarx7nut and @nakman 's websites! These guys are doing things for the 100 that are very specific and solves that "I didn't even know I needed something like that" problem.

See the rest of you on March 15th! Set those alarms/reminders. Don't worry, we save 100 spots for participants!! (and even more for #hihinsiders)

That was a really nice surprise to have that vendor registration option. Thanks for setting that up. I'm glad we're not eating up traffic during that crazy registration window for others trying to get in.

I'm super stoked for this year. I should be bringing the new project and breaking in a set of Dissent armor.

I'm also hoping our 3 year old will be a little more excited to hang out at camp, but that may be total wishful thinking. Might have to crash over in the family area this year and find some other kiddos.

Can't wait!

Oh yeah, I will be bringing my wife Lisa, my 15 (almost 16) year old boy Elijah, and my 8 year old Asher. CANNOT WAIT! Hopefully my oldest will be more sociable with the other kids his age that will be there...Asher will probably be running around pissing off the Californians off again....:rofl:

That was a really nice surprise to have that vendor registration option. Thanks for setting that up. I'm glad we're not eating up traffic during that crazy registration window for others trying to get in.

I'm super stoked for this year. I should be bringing the new project and breaking in a set of Dissent armor.

I'm also hoping our 3 year old will be a little more excited to hang out at camp, but that may be total wishful thinking. Might have to crash over in the family area this year and find some other kiddos.

Can't wait!

I'll have my kids, ages 2, 6, and 14 with me. They live to play. Well, at least the younger ones do. Teenagers don't live to do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom