100 Series Wheels, 17inch 0 offset (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All- Im fully aware this may be the most asked, annoying-ish question on the forum. (I’ve gone down the rabbit hole of reading countless threads and YT videos). HOWEVER, there doesn’t seem to be consensus for my situation.

I own a stock 2000 100 series Land Cruiser. Suspension is stock- no lift. I am upgrading the wheels and tires to something larger.

I purchased a set of Nomad Sahara Wheels (17x 8.5… 0 offset). I am now evaluating tires and I’m looking for the largest tires I can fit without rubbing. Thinking Falken Wildpeaks or KO2’s.

I want to avoid any cutting, or modifying the pinch molds. I’m also looking to keep the tire poke more conservative (want to avoid throwing rocks and hopefully pass PA inspection).

Sizes I’ve been considering:

275 70R 17
265 70R 17
255 80R 17 (I’ve been hearing good things about the pizza cutter style. I’m not sure if the 33” diameter will fit without rubbing… also still evaluating the look).

Would love your thoughts/experience on what will actually fit! Pictures are super helpful.

Also, I’m curious if anyone has experience with the 255 80R 17 handling poorly at highway speeds?? - I’ve red some things that suggest that and would like to verify if it’s true.

Thank you!

From what I have reas your first two sizes should fit fine. I guess no one wants to keep seeing these threads lol, can't blame them.

I have been doing some research myself with the possibility of going 17x8 0-offset on stock height with 285/70/R17 but still not quite satisfied with my findings.

I ended up going 265 70 R17 with Zero Offset wheels. They fit without rubbing UNTIL i put the winch in my front bumper. I now get some rubbing on sharp turns.

Looks like I’ll be swapping the suspension sooner than expected!

86294531-034D-4873-81C1-022498BE9251.jpeg

5E420088-A185-40B0-A5CC-5587C10B7127.jpeg

4BC51219-EA77-4C87-A642-6C255171913F.jpeg

Great looking rig!

If you really don't want to lift it, you could just crank up the torsion bars a tad to compensate for the weight of the bumper and winch.

If it rubs after the added weight of the winch, just crank the t-bars on each side a little.

Good looking wheels!

I'm sure you know this, If you crank the torsion bars, make sure you get a front end alignment afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom